Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome Home Brant!!!

Disclaimer: I want to apologize in advance for the fact that I cannot get the paragraph spacing to work on Blogger today. Sorry for what seems to be a lot of weird context in the same LONG paragraph!! :( I think most people know by now that our sweet little man Brant got out of the NICU on Monday, March 21st...exactly 5 weeks from his birth date. :) I have been behind on updating the blog since we have been taking care of a newborn...but I just wanted to be sure everyone knew that our precious little blessing was home with us. :) We have been adjusting to our new normal these past few days, and we LOVE it! It has been awesome having our entire family of four under one roof! We are thrilled to finally be able to say that!! We are thankful to all of the doctors and nurses that took care of Brant during that 5 weeks. He looks like a completely different baby b.c they really helped him to grow and get healthy during that time. The staff was amazing and he was in such good hands. We were so grateful for that. He was discharged from the NICU at 4 lbs 2 oz...so almost 2 lbs heavier than he was when he was born. :) I never anticipated that I would bring home at 4 lb baby but I am just glad to have him with me. I know that he looks small to most folks that meet him but he is huge to us!! Now that I have seen a 2 lb baby, I know that he is chubby. HA!! We are so excited to start our life with him now that we are all home. We know that we will have a few adjustments due to him being a preemie but overall we could not be more thankful for his health. God is so good! :) We also want to take one more chance to thank everyone for their amazing prayers. I know that we would not be where we are today without those. :) The discharge was the easiest I have seen in a hospital, and we were in and out in about 2 hours. What a wonderful feeling to walk out of the hospital with Brant….with no nurses trailing behind, no cords to monitor his vitals, no beeping from other baby monitors, no bright lights, and no other craziness. :) We were finally the family that got to pull our car up in the front of the hospital and load our baby up in our car. HOORAY!!! Just a couple of pics from our discharge day and the couple of days following. Thumbs up!! :) Just holding him before the doctor came in to let us go........ Chris is very happy to get his little man home!! Putting him in the carseat inside the NICU nursery. We had to buy a special preemie car seat for him so that he could pass his carseat study and go home. We can change him out to a new carseat in a few weeks. :) Fun blanket with his name and birthdate...Bye hospital!! You have been great to us but coming up here anytime in the near future again will be too soon! :) Bye NICU!!! We will see you all at the annual reunion! Brant's first time in the elevator. Almost free!!Almost to the car...yay!! :) We made it!! This is Brant's first time outside since birth. :) First time to see the sun. :) We are so happy to be going home...... Dad has to make sure everything is perfect before we head out. :)We made it home!! Look how small I am compared to my carseat! :) All of my boys together....I love them! :) Milk coma... :) I think he likes being home! HA!I'm the little brother. :)

1 comment: