Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 15 In The NICU And A New Nursery!!!

Awesome news today!! I went up to the NICU for my visit with Brant this afternoon. When I got there I found out that he had been moved to the "step down" nursery which basically means a much smaller, cozier place where they send babies that do not have acute issues and do not need to be monitored constantly. I was beyond thrilled!!! YAY!! While it is smaller and much less private, it is so much more laid back. I went in there and the nurse just said "HI" and then told me that I could get started with him...and she just walked away to do some work at a desk. So I went over and took his temp, changed him, and took him out for the feeding. He sucked that bottle down in about 12 min (GOOOO Brant!!), and then I held him for awhile. An hour passed and normally the nurses would come over and tell us it was time to put him back (b.c he burns a lot of calories keeping himself warm while he is out)....but no one came over. The only time the nurse came back was to make sure he had finished his feeding, asked how long it took, and then she headed out again. So no one ever told me that I needed to put him back in the isolette...which floored me! I thought that was the coolest thing ever!!

Unfortunately I did have to put him back in there by 4:45 b.c I had to get home to Braden and Chris for dinner.....but I just thought it was so neat that I could have stayed so much longer and just held him. I think I am going to like this new nursery!! :)

And they told us that Brant gained more weight...and is up to 2 lbs 11.4 oz!! YAY!! :)

We are so excited about the progress that Brant is making...what a blessing and a little miracle! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment