Friday, March 18, 2011

Open Crib and Day 33 In The NICU

Wooo hooo!!! Brant got moved into an open crib today!! HOORAY! I went up there to feed him and give him a bath, and then they went ahead and got his new bed all ready. :) It looks to me like he is already loving his new home. :) No more box for my little man...yee haw! :)

He also went up to 4 lbs 1 oz today...so that was another great thing. He is eating about 2 oz per feeding on average...so he has pretty much doubled his intake in just a week. YAY!! :)

The best news of all though is that the doc called us today and said they are looking to discharge him on Monday...WHAT? That is music to our ears!! Monday, March 21st would be 5 weeks in the NICU and personally too much time for me! HA! I am so ready to get my little man home that I cannot stand it! :)

So they will start the process for discharge this weekend....and hopefully by Monday he will be all ready to go. They have to do a variety of things like the circumcision, hearing test, some vaccines, car seat study, some last blood work, etc. After all of that has been done by Monday morning (hopefully) then we just sit and wait for the doctor to come by to release him. Anyone who has been discharged from the hospital knows how that goes! HA! :)

But the bottom line is that I cannot contain my excitement!! The past 5 weeks have been totally worth it if it means that he was able to grow and thrive, get super healthy, and get to come home next week! :) I am so in love with my new little man. :) We will keep you posted for sure! :)

New bed. :)
Ahhh....luxury. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment