Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pregnancy...Why Are You So Hard On Me This Time?

So the reality is that this pregnancy has really given me a run for my money. When I was pregnant with Braden I was never really sick a day, and the only things that I really dealt with were a little bit of tiredness in the first trimester, and some aches/insomnia in the 3rd one. So I thought that was what pregnancy was. I was thinking I could have 3 or 4 kids...no problem!! I was wondering what all of the sick pregnant ladies were talking about all of the time. HA....little did I know!! :( Lucky me...I got to find out this time around!

From about weeks 6-12 I was just miserable. No actual vomiting but LOTS of nausea and just overall feeling really gross. I could not seem to shake it no matter what I did, and I think that must have been the most miserable part. Also EVERYTHING seemed gross to me. There was not much that ever really sounded good to eat, and definitely not good to make for dinners for the family. Did I starve my family in the first trimester? HA!! I remember trying so hard to hold it together while I made Braden's food. I was constantly gagging...and I have no idea why! Especially on the cleanup!! UGH! :(

To make things even more fun, I somehow got THREE viruses in the first 16 weeks. Yes-three! The first two were stomach viruses lasting 24-72 hours, and the third was a crazy rash that I had for 5 days, accompanied by cold and flu like symptoms. I went to 4 docs for that one to try and figure out what it was! :(

I think it is also really hard to sleep when you are pregnant and you already have a little one. You just don't have the time to take all of those naps, and of course your 14 month old wants to get up much earlier than you EVER thought acceptable before you had kids! :( So maybe you are getting between 6-8 hours per night...and it seems like when I am pregnant that I like to get about 10!

I have also had hip and wrist pain which has not been fun at all. I had a lot of hip and back pain postpartum with Braden......but since about Week 13 it has come back with a vengenance. So now I get to see a chiro throughout the rest of the pregnancy to try and get everything back in working order. Guess you never know what labor and delivery might to do to all of those bones and muscles even months or years later. Good times!

And the most fun of all is how dumb I am in this pregnancy. I mean seriously!! I have forgotten pretty much everything, and sometimes I just lose my train of thought in the middle of a story. And regarding the clumsiness...oh my! I have done everything from exessive tripping, to dumping an entire bowl of salsa into my laptop, to even emptying an entire cup of coffee into my nice, pretty cloth diaper bag. Argh!!! Outside of the nausea, I have hated this part the most. Mainly b.c I keep ruining things and myself!! HA!

I remember with Braden that I worked out from when I found out pretty much until I delivered. This pregnancy I have not wanted to dawn the doors of the gym...and really have not in about 4-6 weeks. Oh how I need to get some motivation!

I have decided that I basically need to thank the good Lord for letting me feel all of these things, so I could know what my friends are going through when they say they are so sick. It really helps me to relate and understand why they don't want to do ANYTHING! Thankfully I have also felt really good since Week 16 when I got over the rash...so I really hope that I am on the up and up now that I am starting Week 18. Other than my son deciding he wants to wake up at 5:30 am recently, I think things are going relatively well! HA! :)

So ladies...if you need somewhere to vent b.c you think no one understands how crazy hard your pregnancy is (especially the 2nd one)....then I am here to listen! I promise that I understand! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment