Wednesday, October 27, 2010

14 Months...Oh Yes! :)

Yes, it is true....Baby Bugbee is no baby anymore!! :) He is 14 months old, and I think the theme of this last month has been "I have my own opinion!!" :) He knows what he wants and when he wants it! Typical toddler stuff I think...but it has been pretty funny to watch him come into his own. :)

Let me try to recap some of the fun things that Braden has shown us this last month:
1) He LOVES his shoes. I mean LOVES them. He will carry them all around the house, take his socks off and put them inside the shoes and take them out again, play with the velcro, take them on and off, etc. It is seriously too funny! Anytime he sees them he has to hold them and carry them around. :)

2) Talking is still a BIG one for him. He is quite the little motor mouth but it is way too cute. The way his words sound just make Chris and I look at one another and smile. Sweet innocent baby words. :) Here are some of the new ones in the past month:
Cheese
No, No, No (while shaking his head) :)
Shoes
Hot (when talking about the oven or Chris's coffee)
Peach
Pasta
Yay!!
Mimi
Poppule (what my niece has been calling my dad)
And he can also say his name and his school teachers names pretty well. :) It is cute when he puts things into sentences too like "No banana" or "Night Night Mama". :) LOVE IT!

3) He is a pretty good little walker. He takes some face plants every now and then but he caught onto the walking thing really fast. :) B.c he is a good walker, he thinks that he does NOT need to hold your hand anymore. :) Heaven forbid we should try to help him with anything he already knows how to do! HA! :)

4) He is ALLLLLL boy!! :) He is much more destructive then I think a dainty little girl would be. :)

5) He loves to play with more "thinking" type things now like puzzles and stacking blocks, big legos, etc. He likes to put things together and figure out how they work. :) He is VERY curious.

6) He has 7 teeth!! YAY!! He was sitting pretty with just the 2 bottom ones for a long time and then the others just started coming through. :) We have started to get him to stand on a stepstool in the bathroom and have him brush his teeth with a "big kid" toothbrush. :)

7) He loves to throw a temper tantrum if you take something away that he wants, or if you do not let him do something that he really wants to do. Oh yes...he sits down and plants his head between his legs and cries. So awesome! And it is REALLY fun when he is tired! :) Is he already 2? :)

8) He is still very much in love with the outdoors. That has not changed in all of these months. :)

9) He still loves school, and there are days when I go to pick him up and he literally does not want to leave. He will go running off toward the playground or something. Makes me think our house is really boring. :)

10) He is very into things like Gymboree class, music, arts and crafts, etc. He REALLY likes those things. :)

He is our precious little bundle....and at the same time he is such a little boy. :) We have loved watching all of the changes over the past 14 months. He makes us laugh and sometimes he makes us cry....but he sure is one amazing kid! :)

Here are a couple of 14 month pics... :)

I really like hanging out with my Dad right now. :) And pushing my Tonka truck up and down the lane. :) And I still love to smile. :) I am still a BIG fan of water which Mom and Dad LOVE. :) I like to sit by the front door when I think it might almost be time to go! :) Happy 14 month birthday Braden!! I am sure you have lots in store for us this next month too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment