Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lions, Tigers, and Bears...OH MY!

I feel like I need to first preface this blog post with an apology for the awful quality of the pics you are about to see. :)

Saturday we decided to take Braden for his first experience to the zoo. Believe it or not, Austin does have a zoo. A much smaller one than other cities...but a zoo nonetheless. Well, more of an animal sanctuary. :) Either way....they do have lions and tigers and bears...and some of your other typical zoo animals such as monkeys, etc. :)

Well we drove all the way to South Austin for our zoo experience and wouldn't you know...I forgot our awesome camera. I actually did not even bring our little point and shoot. :( UGH!! I was seriously losing at this point. So I had to improvise!! :) I had to revert back to the 90's and buy a disposable camera...and have the pics transferred to a CD...just so I could have the memories of my little man at the zoo. In the end, I am glad I have those memories but I hate the pics. They could not be worse. :) But that is what you get with $8 disposable camera..right? :)

So here are just a couple of pics from Braden's zoo fun. :) He did a good job and enjoyed about an hour and a 1/2 of animal watching...which I thought was pretty good for a 13 month old. :) We started out like this... :) And ended up like this... :) And sometimes like this... :)They had a petting zoo...so Braden hung out with the goats...He was not quite too sure about them....They had some big lions. :)Braden thought the pigs were pretty cool. :)And the big tortoises too! :)
We took some pics of many other animals but obviously the camera did not perform! HA! :) It was partial to only letting the farm animal pics come out! LOL! :) But the good news is that little B did get to see some black bears and tigers too. :) We think he will like a big zoo soon, so we will have to make that happen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment