Wednesday, October 6, 2010

2nd Trimester-HOORAY!!

First of all, I am STOKED to have started the 2nd trimester of this pregnancy!! I love this season b.c I get all kinds of crazy energy back, and I want to do things like make sure my house is in top notch shape, purge everything, and get the nursery all ready!! :) HA! :) But during this time I actually enjoy it...which is the funniest part of all to me. :)

Once we made our big announcement last week about the pregnancy, we got so many fun emails, texts, phone calls, Facebook posts, etc. You guys are so awesome! Thank you for being such good friends and for supporting us in another fun journey for Baby #2! :) You made us feel very special and like we could do this! :)

Within all of those responses that we got from folks, we also got a lot of fun questions too. :) I thought it might be good to answer them right here. :) Just in case anyone reading had the same questions too. HA! :)

1) Q: When did you guys find out you were having another baby? A: Wednesday, July 28th :) And we announced to the world on Sept 29th when I was into my 13th week.

2) Q: Did you have any inclination that you were pregnant? A: Yes, b.c my sense of smell was insane! :) I could smell dirty diapers a mile away. Gross. :) And I started having crazy dreams before I took the pregnancy test.

3) Q: How far apart will your kiddos be? A: 19 months. :)

4) Q: Did you plan to have them that close together (real question you wanted to ask-"are you really that crazy?!!")? A: Yes, b.c I am 35 (refer to a previous post-ha!), and b.c we thought it would be super fun to have them close togther. :) I have heard from MANY of you that it is hard work but a blast!!

5) Q: Do you think it is going to be hard? A: Um, yes!! But we think it will be super fun too. :) We know that our life will probably be put on hold for a little while and we are prepared for that.

6) Q: How do you think Braden will be as a big brother? A: I think he will do great b.c he is awesome with other kids and he loves being around them. So I think he will enjoy having a playmate in his own house. And he is pretty fascinated with brand new babies in general. :)

7) Q: Are you finding out what you are having? A: Yes, for sure! :) Sometime in the beginning of November. We will keep you posted on whether it is pink or blue.

8) Q: Do you have any idea what you are having? A: Nope.....but the only dreams that I have had so far have been about baby girls. I have NO idea if that means anything at all...but I never had dreams with Braden.

9) Q: Do you have a preference? A: More than anything we want a healthy baby!! :) I think it would be blast for Braden to have a brother that is 19 months younger than him. I think they would be best buds. Plus we have everything for a boy already and TONS of clothes. :) So we would be all set. At the same time, I think it would be super fun to have a girl that I could dress up! :) HA! Either way we will be thrilled about a new addition. :)

10) Q: Are you going to have a 2nd nursery? A: Yes, and I cannot wait to decorate it! :)

11) Q: Have you been sick? A: Yes. I was never sick with Braden...not really a day. I was tired during the first trimester but that was about all. It was a super easy pregnancy and very easy labor/delivery...which I am praying for again! :) But this time around the pregnancy has been different for sure. I was sick off and on from weeks 6-12...and that stunk big time!! I was nauseous, really tired, headaches, flu like symptoms, hated everything that anyone put in front of me to eat, had a hard time looking at Braden's food or making it, etc. Plus I got 2 stomach viruses during that time (Chris had them too). Not fun! :) But right before week 12 started, all of that just stopped. :) I was in heaven then. :)

12) Q: What has been one of the most fun things for you so far? A: I think one of the super fun things about this pregnancy is that I get to be preggie with my best friend of 22 years, Jenn (she is due in Feb), and my sister in law Jennifer (she is due in December)!! :) I think that is quite cool...and I love that our kiddos will grow up being so close in age. :)

13) Q: Will you have anymore or are you done at two? A: Oh gosh..I really don't know. I don't think you can ask a pregnant lady that question just yet. :) That has to come after the labor and delivery. I would be content with two but think life with three would be fun too. Let me make it through this one first. :)

I think those were the top questions that we got over the past week. :) You guys are fun with the questions that you ask. :) Hopefully this cleared everything up..hee hee! :)

Once we found out in July, we decided to tell our families at Braden's birthday party weekend in the end of August...so we were about 8 weeks along. We wanted to do it then b.c everyone was in town. :) So once everyone was here on Saturday afternoon (before Braden's party), we put him in his Big Brother shirt and brought him downstairs. We just waited for everyone to notice. :)

There was a lot of squealing....which ended up scaring the tar out of him...and he just bawled!! LOL! :) Poor thing. :) It was fun to be able to tell everyone at the same time. We just wish Chris's brother could have joined us...but he was in Georgia. We called him to be sure he was in the loop with the rest of the fam!

Here were a couple of pics from that announcement to the family. This picture is kind of when everyone is starting to notice the shirt but is looking at one another in a really awkward way like "Did YOU read what I just read?" :) And "Oh look at his cute shirt!! WAIT...WHAT?" :) The squealing which then was followed by the crying. :( A excited family... A kiss for Aunt Katie to celebrate! :)Mimi-I am going to be a big brother! :)
Some time with Aunt Jen to share the excitement. :)And some good time with Cousin Lainey to talk over what being a big brother and big sister really means. :) Are we sure we want to do this? :)Uncle Cory...wake up!! I need to celebrate with you! :) YAY!!! Fun times ahead and many more stories I am sure!! :) Happy 2nd trimester! We love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment