Monday, November 23, 2009

Busy Weekends...

I feel like the theme of our life lately is not only busy weekends but super busy weeks too. I have realized that since I started back to work (about a week ago), that I will probably never really have much time to blog ever again. LOL!! I just thought life was crazy being a mom and doing the normal "Bugbee" things that we do...but then I added my job back on top of that and HOLY COW!! I think I now need a nanny, housekeeper, yard man, personal shopper, etc. LOL!! :) I am not sure how working women are able to tend to newborn babies, keep their homes clean and in order, do all of the grocery shopping, laundry...all while holding down a full or part time job. For those of you that can do it...I ADMIRE you!! Seriously!! WOW! You deserve a big reward. :) Please teach me your ways! :)

This past weekend was busy, busy for me. Friday night Chris, Braden and I headed to the Jr League's "A Christmas Affair" to do a little shopping. It was lots of fun and got us into the Christmas spirit (even though Turkey Day is not even here yet). :) Then we headed over to Threadgills to get some yummy dinner. We like to go to loud places like that just in case Braden decides to have a meltdown, and then it is not so obvious!! :) He does great at restaurants at least 90% of the time.....but I am sure that the day we decide to go to a quiet place, will be the day that he decides to go bonkers.

Saturday morning I was one of 14 hostesses for a baby shower for my sweet friend Dori and her soon-to-be bundle of joy. Dori is due with her daughter Haylee in January. :) We were kickin it with the Hawaiian beach theme, as that is the theme of Haylee's nursery. :) It has been soooo much fun to host and attend all of these baby showers in 2009. I think I counted that I have hosted or attended about 17 of them this year. That is more than one per month! LOL! :) Lots of babies, and lots of friends for Braden! I love it! :)

After the shower on Saturday, I drove out to the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort (outside of Bastrop) to get together with some fun college girlfriends. Some of them I had not seen in AGES!! Literally like 10 years!! It was so awesome to see them all and catch up that night! Between all 9 of us, there were 23 babies in the midst! So fun!! :) I think we talked for over 3 hours at dinner alone! LOL! :)

Sunday we headed to church and went out to lunch. Then we headed home as my brother and Mom were coming into town. Cory was passing through on his way back from a long hunting weekend...and Mom was coming for the week to keep Braden while I work. :) THANK YOU SOOO MUCH MOM!! :)

Just a couple pics from the shower fun... :)
All 14 of the hostesses posing.. :)
Haylee's pretty nursery bedding...awww. :)
Jennifer is seriously engaged in her writing.. :)
Dori and her nieces.......

Fun times at the Hyatt Lost Pines...

All the ladies at dinner on Sat night... :)Amy and Kimberly making us all laugh.. :)
Danielle, Kimba, and Veronica..
Lindsay, Kathy, April, and me.. :) I even saw my sweet friends The Blackwells hanging out at the resort! So fun! :) What a cute little family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment