Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nighttime Chats....

Oh how I love my nighttime chats with Braden on the nights that I put him to bed. :) After we read a few books (and he asks to read just a couple more)...then we count to three and turn the lights out for the night, and get ready to say our prayers. I love how he says "Dear God". Seriously precious!! After all of that he cuddles up with me in the recliner and wants to chat. :) He gets more and more chatty at night the older he gets.

We talk about all kinds of things-how his day at school was, what all he did, how his friends are, what he ate for dinner, what we are going to do the coming weekend, and just about stuff in general. :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear him talk with me...and to hear the sentences he puts together and the things he wants to talk about. It is one of my favorite things about this age.

He is so sweet and he will usually touch my face or snuggle up against my neck and say "I love you Mommy". How I love this little man. He is such a doll.

It never fails that after we have been rocking for about 10-15 minutes I will ask him to hop up and show me his bed. Every night without fail he will say "rock a minute?" which basically means "can we please rock for another few minutes?" The minutes in his world are a lot longer than a minute in ours. :) I will tell him that his stuffed animals, blankets, and his pillow are waiting for him in his bed and off he goes. :) I lift him up and he is down for the count.

As I am leaving the room he will always say "Bye bye Mommy"..and often I will get another "I Love You" too. :) He makes my night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment