Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Fun...

We had a fun Memorial Day weekend....and I was sad it had to come to an end. I love 3 day weekends....they are such a treat! :) Wish we had more of them!

Braden spent a lot of time over the weekend getting wet...and he was one happy camper. We started out at the new splash pad in Leander on Saturday morning. He is a splash pad junkie now...and he really thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread! :) We were also able to keep a hat on him for about a total of 15 minutes before he said "no like it" and took it off. :) So much water comes out from everywhere! :) Woooo hooo!! :) This is a nice water fountain! :) I love watching my big brother play in the water! :) I cannot wait to do it someday soon too!After we finished up at the splash park we headed over to Barnes and Noble. It was a special morning b.c during storytime that morning someone showed up to surprise the kids. It was CURIOUS GEORGE!! :) After the stories were finished, George came out to see the kiddos. Braden likes him a lot so it was fun to see his reaction. He was excited but shy. :)

I heard Curious George is here. :)
There he is! :) Playing peek-a-boo with George. :) After storytime it was time for us to head to the Cedar Park Farmer's Market to check out the goods. It was REALLY hot out there so we did not last too long. And then we headed to "In The Buns" Burger Joint for some lunch afterward before heading home for naps. We were not totally thrilled with the place unfortunately. We thought the burgers were good, the fries were standard but the actual place was just not my favorite at all. I hated the teeny tiny tables and it just needed some work on the ambiance. So sadly, I don't think we will be going back there anytime soon. :( But we REALLY enjoyed the naps that we all took when we got home. :) Lots of folks selling their goodies.... After good naps we headed out to eat some yummy food at a great place we discovered-Zed's. :) We really liked it and had a great time! Braden loved the water so much that he almost did not want to go into the restaurant to eat.
We enjoyed eating outside.... I like to stand up! :) My boys... :) Sunday morning we headed downtown for brunch before church. We went to 1886 Bakery and Cafe at The Driskill...and we had great meals. It was a gorgeous morning so we were able to eat outside which Braden loved. Braden and I were taking silly pics. ;) His face cracks me up in this one. :)
Now that is better. :)
I love my pancakes! :) Ready for my yummy food to come! :) Brant was just chillin.... Sunday evening we had a neighborhood cookout so we could got some good time in with our neighbors talking and catching up. :) Braden played in the kiddie pool like a crazy man with the other kiddos and wore himself out. :) He slept good that night in order to get ready for another fun filled day on Monday. :)

Monday morning we headed over to Brushy Creek Park to have some fun outside. They gave me a way from their walk at the lake...We hit up the splash pad at this park and once again, Braden was in heaven. :) Thank you for bringing me out here Mom and Dad! :) Quick look as he was running by... :)
Making it into a water fountain again. :) After some lunch and another LONG family nap (freakin love those!!)...we headed out to dinner and then to the mall to ride the train. We needed to grab a few things and Braden does love trains these days. :) This time was no different. :) Let me get up in here. :) Yay!! The conductor let me get in and pretend like I was driving!! :) So fun! :)
Awesome weekend!! As usual with two kiddos...we needed another weekend to recover from this one. HA! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment