Monday, June 20, 2011

Interesting First Week...

Well we have had quite the interesting first week with my mom being here. Poor thing...she has experienced the craziest week that we have had in awhile, and I am not sure why it had to happen as soon as she got into town. :(

Brant and Braden both decided that they did not really want to eat this week so that has been fun. Especially with Brant since he needs to eat A TON in order to keep growing like he is. He has dropped from about 28 oz to 23 oz a day and it is HARD to get that 23 oz in him. Again, we have to pull out all of our tricks in order to get that food in there. He is just not interested at this point. And you know what not eating means, right? Yep, not sleeping through the night. Oh the joy of parenthood!! Never a dull moment.

So that leads me to my next point..Brant not sleeping through the night after doing so for a couple of weeks. He has decided now that he needs to wake up between 3:30-5 each morning in order to let us know that he is tired of being in his crib. UGH! And we have to work with him to get him back down for another few hours. Sometimes he even decides to really regress and wake up and cry every 2 hours or so throughout the night. That is the most fun for sure. :( We are TIRED!!!! And we are just trying to figure out what in the world is going on with him, and why we are having these big changes all of a sudden.

Brant also has acid reflux (just like Braden did), so we have changed his medicine in the hopes of giving him some relief. He has been crying through some of his feedings, etc...which means that he is in pain. It stresses me out like I am sure it would any mom...and I hope we can get it all cleared up SOON!!

Braden also got a stomach bug and woke up throwing up one night this week. We went through a few pairs of PJ's and many blankets. I love doing laundry at midnight...does not get better than that! :) I would rather do laundry in the middle of the night than sleep anyway... :)

And my poor bro ended up getting admitted to the hospital on Thursday night b.c he was not feeling well, and they were not exactly sure what was going on. He ended up being on anitbiotics for an inflamed colon for a few days, and was finally released on Father's Day. I felt so bad for him being holed up in the hospital for days. My mom left on Friday to go and help out with the kiddos in Fort Worth for a few days.

So we are hoping that things are MUCH calmer this week in the eating and sleeping deptartment. And I hope that we can claim that this week is better than next..and FAST! Or my mom my might want to pack her back and head back home for the rest of the summer. HA! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment