Monday, June 20, 2011

Building, Making Music, and New Puppies...

Oh yes....Braden had some fun on Saturday!! :) He was a happy boy and loving our "clipboard of fun" (as my mom would call it). :) We started out at Home Depot for the special Father's Day Kids Workshop and he LOVED that with a capital "L"! :) He made a toolbox for Chris at the workshop which I am sure he will use to hold his screwdrivers and nails. :) He was VERY proud of his handiwork...seriously adorable. :)

Here are some pics of the fun....
Getting started.... :)

Watching my Daddy make it happen... This is fun!! Can we come back again soon? :) Hammer time! :) I am good with this hammer, however, I think Daddy is afraid that I might bash his thumb! :) Look how it is coming together!Putting the final stickers on!Chris had a BLAST too! :) Look at me! I love my toolbox!
There were some dogs in Home Depot that I needed to go and see. Dad and I just walking out....
I need to take my cookie with me too. I got a certificate of achievement as well as a pin! :) After Home Depot we headed to Heartsong Music for a class. Braden really liked it when we went to a class about a year ago...so we thought we would try it again and see if he still liked it. :) Brant liked the music too!Scarf time!Instrument time!!
After the boys took some great naps, we headed out to dinner at Dulce's in Lakeline Mall. Now for some reason I have never wanted to eat at a restaurant in Lakeline Mall (outside of the food court) b.c I just have not been interested, and I never thought it could really be good. Some high end malls have excellent restaurants but I just don't think of that when I think of Lakeline Mall. Well, I must say that I was very wrong about Dulce's. We headed there b.c we wanted some mexican food and it was a really quick solution since we were going to be in the mall after dinner. So we decided to give it a try. And yum!!


First of all, when we walked in we felt like we were not even in the mall anymore. Great decor, good music, etc. And everything from the tier of chips and salsas, the actual entrees were great! Chris and I both got Chicken Tacos Al Carbon and they were super. The presentation was perfect and the food was very fresh. Overall we were very pleased and we would go back. :)


Braden got his coloring on while we waited for our food.Brant was really focused on watching his brother color. :) Pure goodness........
After dinner it was time to take Braden to the Build A Bear Workshop. The story behind that is that Braden has really been into a stuffed puppy dog lately. He decided that he wanted to start having this dog sleep with him at night. About a week ago I saw him on the video monitor one night and he was picking out all of the stuffing and throwing it around his crib. Guess it had started to rip open and we never realized it. Bottom line...it was time for a new dog, so we thought it would be fun to let him pick one out and create it. :) And he had a ball! He was trying to make a final decision on whether he wanted to monkey or a dog. The dog ended up winning out!! Braden took it over to have it stuffed.And he picked out a heart to put in it. :) He gave it a kiss and in it went. After his puppy was finished it was time to take him over and give him a bath.
Then it was time to go and choose a name. Braden picked out "Barkley". Of course the puppy had to have a "B" name. :) Braden and Barkley...... Braden wanted to check out the accessories. Making sure Barkley likes to ride in the stroller... Braden and Chris were creating Barkley's birth certificate...
Time to head home with Barkley in his house. :)


What a fun time!! It was cute to watch him get so excited about a new puppy...and he has been in love with that little dog ever since we got him home. Yay for fun Saturdays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment