Monday, May 17, 2010

Is It Over Already?

Is the weekend really already over? Ugh...why do they go so fast? I want to bottle them up...ya know? I feel like when Monday comes that I start the countdown to the next one again! Is there something wrong with that? HA!

We had lots of fun this weekend. :) We love to try and plan new and fun things to do during our weekend days, and we love different adventures in Austin. :)

This weekend I headed to a photo expo and conference, where I spent most of the day on Saturday and Sunday. I don't think it is a secret that I love photography!! :) I would love to have my own business one day...but for now I am focused on work and my family, and I am thankful that I get to do it for fun A LOT on the side. :) The seminars that I went to on Saturday and Sunday were great, and I learned A TON!! That was the best part! :) And there were some pretty amazing photographers there too...which was another highlight. :) So glad I checked it out and picked up some tips.

Outside of the expo, I played with my boys. Love those cuties! :) We tried a few more new restaurants this weekend.....we love doing that. :) Chris and I are not the biggest fans of chain restaurants, and I try to avoid them and try something new each chance I get. I think chain restaurants are best reserved for the following:

1) Roadtrips (when you have no where else to eat)

2) International travel (when you are craving the comforts of home and you happen to see one)

3) Lunches during the week.......when that is all you have around your office. :)

Other than that...I want to venture out. :) So when we are in town on the weekends, we try to. :) We hit up a couple of fun places this weekend....and Braden seemed to like them too. :)
Sorry for the bad photos on this blog post...our Nikon SLR is in the shop for a good cleaning and tune-up, so we were forced to use the little point and shoot! :) It does not take quite the same quality of pics unfortunately. :(

Friday night we went to "Frank"....the yummy new hotdog place downtown. :) My sweet boys...... :)I just wanted to see what a waffle fry tasted like! :)Check out this cookie! Seriously? That just has bad for you written all over it! :) They also had chocolate chip and bacon cookies...and I am not lying!! Saturday we decided to venture down south again....but a little further south. :) We headed to the new "Jack Allen" restaurant (by the chef from Z Tejas) down in Oak Hill. It was so good!! :) I would highly recommend it if you are down in the area. :)
As long as Braden has his frog, he is good. :)And of course his straw too! :)Braden wanted to check out the whole restaurant...just to make sure it met his standards. :)
Sunday was "Austin Diner" day.....yum again! :) Breakfast all day which makes everyone smile. :) Braden is wondering when the heck he gets to order off this kids menu. Hee hee! I do love going out to all of these fun restaurants!! I think my parents take me to ensure I will get used to it...and always be on my best behavior!! They love to try new places! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend! You guys could write reviews for Zagat with all the awesome restaurants you visit. I love the picture of Braden with the straw--hilarious!

    ReplyDelete