Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Week 37 Update

Hello there!! :) Well we just got back from our Week 37 doc appt...and we are not quite sure if Braden is going to last until our induction date....which is next Thurs, the 27th. He seems to be a little eager to get out into the free world and meet his new family and friends. :)

The doctor said I am 3 cm dilated at this point and about 75% effaced. The effacement part is what really freaked me out! So she said things are still progressing really well, and he could come before next Thursday. AHHHHH!!! Stay in there buddy...just a few more days!! Your mom and dad have a few last minute things they want to do before they take the plunge from a family of two to three. :) HA!!!

Weird that all of this is going on with my body....and I don't even think I have felt one contraction yet. I am sure I am in for a treat when those start kickin in! :) This pregnancy thing is such a miracle. :)

The doc thinks he is about 7ish pounds right now...so she thinks he will be an average size baby. It does not look like he is going to be super huge or anything which makes me even happier. :) Go 7-8 pounders! :) I can do that! HA! :)

He was showing us a really healthy heartbeat again today...and everything still seemed to be going really well with him. :) Hopefully he is already planning to cooperate with me on delivery day! :) My doc thinks I might be able to have him by early afternoon on induction day. :)

So that is our update from today, and hopefully we will make it to our final prenatal appt next Wed afternoon the 26th...right before the induction. :) I think I will just lay around as much as I can over the next week...and not over exert myself (to try and keep him all cozy in there). :) Everyone has jokingly told me to just keep my legs crossed. How I wish it worked that way! :)

We will keep you all posted over this next week if there is any big news..either by phone, text, email, blog, Facebook, or something! LOL!! What did people do when they had babies before all of this technology? HA!! :)

We start Week 38 on Friday....hello please!!! :) We look forward to introducing you all to our little bundle of joy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hip hip hooray! We are so excited for you both. And yes, a miracle indeed! Love you and miss you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great last week! And, if he comes before then he will be perfectly cooked! I had both of mine at exactly 37 weeks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete