Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And We Have A Delivery Date!! YAY!!

Well we have some news!! :)

We went into our Week 36 doc appt Tuesday morning-fun times. We were thinking it would just be the start of our weekly appts, and that we would start talking about labor and delivery and all of that fun stuff. Well we ended up walking out with a scheduled induction date!! Holy cow!! We are both a little freaked out I think! HA! But we are also very excited since I am a planner! I like to know these things in advance if I can. :)

We are scheduled for Thurs, Aug 27th at 5 am. Crazy! :) My doctor would like to deliver the baby…and I would like her to as well. She is scheduled that day for deliveries so it worked out very well. Also, we have thought the entire pregnancy that the baby was actually a week early…..and that induction date will be a week and a day before my due date, so he should be fully cooked by then. LOL! She said that she thinks my chances of a c-section are very very low, and that with the induction it should only take me a couple of hours to get in labor. She thinks I will be able to get into labor as quickly as someone that goes into labor on their own (based on how everything looked today). So she thinks it should progress really smoothly. Praise the Lord! I hope that is true since I already have high anxiety over labor and delivery. :)

The doc said that I am already 2 cm dilated..so there is a chance that I could go into labor before the 27th....and we just needed to be prepared for that too.

I knew that I had felt him drop on Saturday b.c I started this crazy “waddle thing”. LOL! She confirmed that was true and he was all in position and ready to go. Have I mentioned that this is crazy? :)

So that is our big news!! Everything else looked really good with the baby, so the appt was mainly to talk through the next couple of weeks. If I do not go into labor first then the plans are for Braden to be here on Aug 27th . 2 weeks away!! Just wanted to let you all know the update, and ask for your prayers during these last couple of weeks before our son arrives. :) I am sure things are going to get a little crazy with the last minutes preparations and TO DO’s. :) Bring on the family of three! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is WONDERFUL! You will love having that baby boy in your arms. I am thrilled for you and can't wait to see all the updates on this blog. Have fun and cherish every moment!

    ReplyDelete