Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hospital Stay....

A few of you have asked how everything went with Braden's birth on Thursday. I thought it would just be easier to write a quick recap on the blog. :)

Quick summary...things went very well and I was so blessed in that regard!! :) It was an amazing experience given how worked up I was about labor and delivery beforehand. God took care of me in more ways than I could have imagined during that hospital stay. :)

Here is how it all ended up turning out on Braden's birth day:

5 am-Hospital Admission

6:3o am-IV

7:30 am-Pitocin started

8:30 am-Doc broke my water

9:30 am-Back labor started

10:30 am-Epidural (Hallelujah!!)

2:30 pm-Full dilation and it is GO TIME!!

3:00 pm-Pushed through 10 contractions

3:30 pm-Called in the doctor for the "catch"! :)

4:02 pm-Sweet little Braden was born

We ended up staying in the hospital for 48 hours (although the doc told us we could have gone home after about 24 or so). We chose to stay for some more help, etc. We had lots of fun visitors that came including our families, some pretty decent food and some good smoothies, and some awesome nurses!! They were a HUGE help! :) It was fun to just have time for Chris and I to bond with Braden during that hospital stay...and we are very thankful for that time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment