Friday, August 21, 2009

The Waiting Game....

Of course it is 4:45 am again, and I am awake. Grrr..... :( That is what most pregnant women do at 38 weeks, right? :( So another sleepless night...and another headache later, here we are. But hey, on the positive side......at least it is Friday! :)

I think the worst hours of the day BY FAR are from midnight to about 6 am..when NOTHING in life happens, and I am sitting up staring at the walls. I mean honestly..what are you supposed to do during that time? It is not like there is anything on TV to watch, I am too annoyed to read a book or magazine, and don't really feel like nesting when I have not slept. :) So after going back and forth from the bed, bathroom, and couch all night.......I just sit and wait for the clock to turn to a decent hour. At that point I can get up and eat some breakfast, or take a shower like a normal human being (that is not nocturnal)! :)

Now don't get me wrong, this does not happen EVERY night.....but it does happen enough to annoy the fire out of me, and make me super grumpy the next day. :( It really is a vicious cycle b.c you don't sleep more than a couple of hours for a night or two...and then you try and make it through the next day. When you realize that you really can't, then you take a nap (BAD IDEA!!). I did that yesterday from 4:30-6 pm, and you see where that got me! HA! :) But I can rest in the fact that when I am NOT sleeping in another week or two...that I will at least be hanging out with my son while he eats in the middle of the night. :)

But enough on the sleep deprivation madness, as I know that many of you have told me that you have gone through this. Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone. :) On another note-I think I might have finally felt some Braxton Hicks type contractions yesterday. Then again, maybe not.....but something did feel weird. :) I was grocery shopping and kept having my lower abdomen get really tight. Not to the point of really hurting but to the point of "what the heck is that?" One of my biggest uncertainties has been "will I REALLY know what a contraction is and when to call someone or to count them?" I don't know the answer to that at this point but I sure hope so. :) Everyone reassures me that I will....so I guess only time will tell. :) I'll keep you posted-ha! :)

We are hoping to be able to make it through this weekend baby free, and then proceed as planned with the induction on Thurs the 27th. If I went into labor on my own around Wed though...that would not be a bad thing either. HA!! What a crazy planner I am! LOL! :) I am not sure when I am going to realize that this baby does not really care about my scheduling. :) But in the meantime...we wait. And we wait, and we wait. I don't venture too too far from home, or stay out too long at any one period of time (due to my fear of my water breaking in public or something ridiculous like that). We have our bags all packed and waiting in the downstairs bedroom...just in case Braden decides that he wants to join our family before Thursday. And then in the meantime we have just been tinkering with last minute projects and date nights out. I love the latter the most. :)

So here's to waiting.....and to prayers for a smooth, uneventful, and healthy delivery!! :) Now let me see if there is a small chance that I can close my eyes, and stare at the backs of my eyeballs for just a little cat nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment