Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Some Things To Look Forward To.....

So I have about 15 friends that are going through pregnancy with me....and I think that is soooo cool!! I love that we can share in all the different aspects as we go along, and help one another out when we don't understand what the heck some things are. HA! :) So it has been a huge blessing to have those other ladies to lean on during this time. :) The Lord always provides, right? :) He knew when Chris and I needed to have Braden b.c he knew that I needed girlfriends to go through this with-ha! :)

I feel so fortunate to have had such a smooth and easy pregnancy. It really has been so much better than I had anticpated..and much less scary as well! HA! :) So I am very grateful for that!! But even though it really has been a good ride, there are also very exciting parts to NOT being pregnant anymore too! :) My friends and I have been having these conversations quite recently, as some of them have just started having their kids. I was thinking last night about all of the things that I am really looking forward to enjoying again post delivery. :)

Here is what I am most excited about:
1) Of course the biggest one is getting to finally meet Braden and watch him in action! I know he will provide plenty of comic relief, tears, laughs, and many other emotions to Chris and I in the first few months.
2) Definitely cannot wait to be able to sleep on my back again!! WOW!! Sleeping on your side for about 24+ weeks is really for the birds!! Seriously!! I am over that big time already! :)
3) Being able to have a margarita or a glass of wine. :) Nothing over the top due to nursing but ready for that! :)
4) Being able to not have to get up 3-4 times per night for a bathroom break. I know that will be replaced with feedings but at this point that just sounds better! HA! :)
5) Being able to eat all of the foods that I have missed like sushi, certain fish, various cheeses, deli meat, and the list goes on! :)
6) Being able to resume normal workouts again at some point-those fun classes that I love to do other than just walking, eliptical, and swimming. Those started to get old! :)
7) Having the belly slowly fade away (hopefully that happens-ha!)...and getting back into my old clothes again. I do love the elastic band on the maternity clothes...but after awhile those are not too flattering anymore! :)
8) And last but not least...I look forward to my pregnancy induced carpal tunnel going away. Talk about annoying!! I really hope that clears up within the first few weeks so my hands can be normal again!! :) That would be a huge win since I will be doing a lot of newborn handling! :)

I think those are on the top of the list of things that I am immediately looking forward to in the coming weeks. :) I know there will be lots of craziness and uncertainty...but we will make it through. Everyone does, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heidi! I had Carpal Tunnel as well when I was pregnant and it went away immediately! Hope it does the same for you!! Oh, and 4-5 feedings a night is much better than bathroom breaks! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete