Sunday, January 23, 2011

Women's Retreat Adventure

This past weekend I headed out to Camp Buckner in the Texas Hill Country for an awesome weekend of refreshment and renewal!! I went to the Women's Retreat that my church hosted from Friday-Sunday, and it was such an eye opening experience. :) I REALLY enjoyed myself and all that I learned. It was fun to have a relaxing time with girlfriends and just be real about life. The speaker really touched me, and I enjoyed the good mix of free time and planned activities. :) I got to take a really nice 2 hour nap on Saturday which was one of the highlights of the day. And I did not have to sleep with a baby monitor for two whole nights!! HA!! :) I even got to stay in a nice little chatueau with my girlfriends...so I did not have to rough it in a cabin with 20+ women. :) That was a nice perk for a 30 week preggo woman! LOL! :) Overall it was a really good experience and I would love to go back.

It helped that I have an incredible hubby that was willing to keep Braden all weekend. They had a fun time being boys and going to the gym, Children's Museum, getting B a haircut, etc. :) He even took him to church on his own...what a stud! :) Thank you so much Chris! I really appreciate you letting me go and get some much needed time away. :) You are the best!

Go Camp Buckner! :)
Our little chateau.. :)
And from the front. :)And some of my favorite rocking chairs on the property. :)I realized at the end that I did not even take any pics with my friends! There was so much good stuff going on that I forgot my camera during the days....and that takes a lot! :) Maybe I will remember it next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment