Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mama's Song...

I have been in love with this song by Carrie Underwood since it came out last year...but still to this day, everytime I listen to it I get all emotional. :) Pregnancy hormones probably do not help either. :) It is called "Mama's Song" and it seriously rocks. I just love it! :)

I am sure most of you that love country music know it well...but for anyone who doesn't...it is about a girl finding love of her life and her telling her mom how good he treats her, and how she does not have to worry about her anymore. She says she hopes she has found the answer to her mom's prayers in the man she has chosen.

The lyrics are great but the chorus is better. It says:

He is good, so good
And he treats your little girl
Like a real man should

He is good, so good....
He makes promises he keeps
No he's never gonna leave

So don't you worry about me
Don't you worry about me

It is such a simple but powerful song...and it just really touches me b.c I know that my parents were thrilled, and their prayers were answered when Chris and I got married. I think he was exactly what they had been praying for all along. :) He is an amazing man, and on my "bad" days I don't think that I deserve him. :) But he loves me anyway...and he treats me just like the song says-"like a real man should". He keeps his word and his commitments, and he is the most patient, kind, and caring person. He makes me a better person by being with him. I feel incrediblyblessed to call him my husband...and I hope he knows how much he means to me. :)
I love you Chris! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment