Saturday, January 22, 2011

One Foot In Front Of The Other...

Well Thursday I forgot how to put one foot in front of the other. Truly. :(

I was up at the office for a meeting that day, and as I walking out of the building at 5 pm, I decided that would be a really fun time to fall in front of everyone in the world. Oh yes...I ate it in front of a lot of people in the main lobby of one of the buildings. Goodness. :( I saw it all in slow motion for sure...and down I went on all fours. Sheesh! My wrists and knees slammed into the tile floor and there you have it. Right away I knew that it was going to hurt in a major way. In addition to the humiliation of falling in front of a ton of people, I also had my bags go flying over my head and shoes go in different directions. A guy walked up to me and brought me my shoes...and asked if I was ok. I just wanted to get the heck out of there!! :) That was all I cared about at that point.

So once I composed myself and I was able to limp out to my car, I did. I knew that I had not actually hit my stomach or anything but I was getting sorer by the minute. Seriously! I was really starting to hurt all over-knees, wrists, hips, back, etc. It was already after 5 so my OB's office was closed. I waited it out on Thursday night and just made sure that I felt Brant move. :) Once I did I felt better....but I was still so sore!!

So Friday morning I decided to go ahead and call my OB's office and just ask if I needed to do anything. They said it should not be a big deal but to go ahead and come in and do a quick monitoring before the weekend. So I just headed up there and sat and listened to Brant's heartbeat for about 15 minutes. All sounded great so they told me that I could go ahead and go....but just be careful. HA!! She said that my center of gravity is just off right now! :)

It took me a couple of days to feel better where my pelvic bones did not feel like they were cracked or something. Once that pain went away things were much better!! I am VERY thankful for that!! :) So now I just need to focus on putting one foot in front of the other for the rest of the 3rd trimester. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw Heidii! I did that twice when I was pregnant with Will! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's done that! And both were in slo-mo. Seriously. Be careful with yourself!!

    ReplyDelete