Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Saying Goodbye To The Second Trimester.......

Well I realized that I have not taken a lot of time to blog about this pregnancy. I can only guess that is b.c so far it has been filled with adventures with our fun toddler. :) By the time I blog about all of that then I don't have time to blog about much else! HA!

But we have made it to the end of the second trimester already. I really cannot believe it!! The third trimester is just a week away, as I start my 28th week on January 11th. Unreal!! This pregnancy has flown by at rocket speed compared to the one with Braden. I mean I look up and a few more weeks have past, and I am back at the OB for another 4 week check up. It really is crazy.

You know you are starting to get close to the end when your appts go from every 4 weeks to every 2 weeks. We only have one more 4 week appt at the end of January, and then the 2 week ones start...and then the weekly appts...and then delivery! AHHHH!! Two kiddos! :) (I just had a mild freak out moment on the blog!) LOL! :)

We are definitely getting very ready for this new phase in our life though. We have been working a lot on the nursery, and getting all of the things/planning done that we need for 2 kiddos. The pregnancy was really good in the 2nd trimester, and I had a lot more energy then I did in the first. The nesting instinct has fully kicked in by now...so at least that makes me want to start wrapping things up soon...and get everything perfect for little Brant. :)

We had our Week 26 appt last week...and my doc said everything looked great. Brant was measuring at 26-27 weeks, and we heard a good strong heartbeat again. :) I took my gestational diabetes test and I must have passed b.c they did not call me. They only call if you fail so YAY! :) I got a false positive on the first one with Braden and the 2nd test was MISERABLE...the 3-4 hour fasting one. ICK!! I did NOT want to have to repeat that again. So I thanked the Lord for passing this one the first time for sure. :)

Brant is really a mover and a shaker...and I love that I can feel him so much more than my first pregnancy based on the placenta placement (in the back vs the front). Now I know what people mean about their babies moving all the time. :)

So all in all we are trucking along with a little over 12 weeks to go. Still hoping that everything works out to have an planned induction at the end of March. My induction was incredible last time in Week 39, so I am hoping we can go that route again. :) In the meantime....we wait and thank the Lord for a healthy pregnancy. :)

Here's to Baby Brant! :) We are getting more and more excited everyday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment