Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Guess It Cannot Always Be Easy...

Well I guess the pregnancy was just going way too smoothly!! We just had to hit a minor bump in the road to shake it up a little bit. :) We went to the doctor for our Week 30 visit yesterday, and my blood pressure was high. Ugh. :( So basically the doctor is not sure if that is due to my "white coat syndrome" or if it could possibly be pregnancy induced hypertension. We are hoping it is not the pregnancy induced hypertension but then you never know what crazy things your body will do when you are carrying another life inside of it! :)

All that to say that my doctor put me on a modified version of bed rest for the next week..to see if she could get the blood pressure to come down on its own. Chris and I call it "psuedo" bed rest, as we are not really sure exactly what it means! :) I am supposed to limit myself from any stressful activities....and just rest and chill out with my feet up as much as I can. She would like me to stay away from stressful things or things that exert a lot of energy such as: running lots of errands, grocery shopping, going into the office for work, working out, etc. So different from traditional bed rest when when you are confined to a bed or couch..but still not really what I would call "pleasant". :)

On the positive side, I should be looking at this as a chance to really get some R&R in while I can before the baby comes. Seriously!! Instead I tend to find myself spending time thinking about all of the things that I really want or need to do before Braden gets here! :) HA!! For those who know me well, I know that does not surprise you at all! :)

We did convince the doc to let us have another ultrasound this week so we could see our little man. We had that this afternoon...and we loved getting to see him moving all around. His measurements were showing his due date to be about a week early at almost 32 weeks (I turn 31 weeks tomorrow), and he is already about 4 pounds. :) She said everything looked great, and that we are still on track for late Aug/early Sept. :) Chris asked the tech to confirm it was a boy again (ha)...since we had not had an ultrasound since Week 19. She confirmed that it still was. :)

We could not get any good pics of Braden this time due to the fact that he is pretty big now, and we cannot really get any profile shots. We looked at the body parts one at a time this round. He is pretty compact in there by now. HA!! Good news though is that he is head down in there and ready to go. Here's hoping he stays that way! :)

We did get one pic that I thought was cute of his foot. Random, I know....but it is easy to tell it is a foot so I like it. :) You can see the 5 toes and his little heel. Sometimes everything just looks like a blob until they explain it to you! :)


Needless to say, we are getting pretty excited to meet this little fellow in 8-9 weeks. We are praying for as smooth of a ride as possible for the remainder of the time. :) Thanks also to those of you that have told me that you are praying for my "psuedo" bed rest situation. You are the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment