Friday, July 17, 2009

A Little Over 6 1/2 Weeks To Go....

So there are 48 days left for just the 2 of us, before our little man is expected to join us. :) More than likely he will not be arriving on his due date (as we all know), however, it is fun to have a countdown. :)

So I just went to my 33 week appt and it looks like all was good. Again, very thankful! :) They let me sit on the fetal heart monitor (the belts around your waist) for about 30 min, so I could hear the heartbeat, and they could see if I was having any contractions, etc. I had never done that before...and I liked it. :) I was not having any contractions (don't think I have had any yet)...... but it was so soothing to just sit there in a comfy leather recliner, and listen to the hearbeat for awhile. Reassuring as well, since you only seem to be able to hear it for about 5 seconds in every prenatal appt. :) So fun stuff. :) Everything still seems to be progressing well. YAY!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I have been frustrated to have not really "popped out" in the pregnancy. I mean when you are ARE pregnant, you want to have a baby belly, and not just look like you are gaining weight! HA!! So combined with the fact that I really have not gained much weight (only about 12-13 pounds), it made me worry that there might be something wrong with Braden's growth. The doctor was not concerned at all b.c my stomach seemed to always measure to my due date...and she said my height was helping me not to get a big belly. She also thought I might be carrying him more in my back, and that could be why as well. (Hope that does not have anything to do with having back labor-ha!)

But FINALLY around Week 32, I finally had a "pop" moment!! YAY!! :) I had this moment where I could put on things and my stomach would actually stick out noticeably. WHOOP!!! :) I am thinking the belly growth probably won't be slowing much at this point...since he is already between 4-5 pounds, and growing every day. :) So I guess you have to be careful what you wish for..hee hee! :) And in looking on the positive side.....not having a big belly really helped me to be more mobile until later in the pregnancy, so I cannot complain about that. But it is also nice to finally have strangers notice that I am pregnant vs probably just wondering if I had too big of a dinner! HA! LOL! :)

Here is a pic to track the progress. I will try to add more before the due date. :) Assuming I remember of course, as "pregnancy brain" does tend to kick in every now and then these days! :)

The best part of this pic is how the sunlight was shining on the top of my head...and it looks like I have a skunk stripe through my hair. Awesome! :)

1 comment: