Monday, July 20, 2009

Wedding Nostalgia

You have to love the nesting instinct that kicks in BIG TIME when you are pregnant!! :) I think that sometimes even future dads get a little taste of it too! HA! :) And I think it gets stronger the closer you get to your delivery date as well. That overwhelming urge to make sure everything is perfectly put away and taken care of before the baby gets here. :) I can say that I have definitley had that urge!! I have not woken up at 2 am and tried to get things squared away like some of my friends have...but during waking hours, I have that STRONG desire. HA! :)

So since we have been confined to the Austin area for the remainder of the pregnancy, we have been working to make sure we have done spring cleaning on the house. We have cleaned out the guest rooms, and what used to be the office (now the nursery). We have tried to either give things to Goodwill or throw them away.

I spent some time a week or so ago tackling the downstairs guest bedroom closet...and I found so many things from our wedding that I needed to organize, hopefully scrapbook at some point, etc. I guess when we got married 2 years ago, I just threw it all in that closet.....and never really went back to it. Sad. :( Boxes and bags of wedding things overwhelmed me as I went through that closet!! :) I sat there and did some major reminising on that super fun time that Chris and I experienced. What a wonderful wedding weekend we had! We love all 360 of you that made your way to Austin for our big day!! We could not have asked for more...it was incredible!! I started going through pics, and all kind of keepsakes..and thought I would post some pics just for fun. Go wedding nostalgia! :) Gotta love it! :)

Happily ever after.. :)


Hanging out on the Capitol lawn....

Great photographers catch momemts like these... :)
More Capitol fun.... Laughing all the way.... :)Having such a WONDERFUL day!

Love that perfect smile on my hubby....... :)

A little bridesmaid love for Chris...... :)
Little groomsmen love for me......... :)

Katie posing with our precious flower girls-Carlie and Claire
Love this pic.....
Kyle, Claire, and Carlie stole everyone's hearts coming down the aisle....
Dad and I having a moment before the big walk down the aisle.....
Brother Dan is so funny...made us laugh throughout the entire ceremony! :)

Emotional moments........
Programs, programs, and more programs........
Trying to fit as many folks into the pic as we could. :)

All married... :)
Reception shot...my vendors did SUCH an amazing job decorating the Hilton downtown!! WOW!


Me and all of my freshman year dorm buddies from college!! Love these girls! :)

Cutting the cake.......
Chris's Groom's Cake....a big suitcase in honor of our favorite thing-TRAVEL!! :)

The Bugbee candy shoppe of course! :)

Me and some of my super sweet A&M ladies... :)
One of my fav pics...of Mom and Dad dancing....

We got married on Cinco de Mayo....so we loved that folks partied it up and got into the spirit!! Go Brenda, Russell, and the sombrero!! :)
On the balcony of the Hilton with Austin in the background......what an INCREDIBLE night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment