Sunday, July 19, 2009

Missing Out On Dallas....But Good Fun In Austin Too!

Well this weekend was the first "official trip" that I missed due to the pregnancy. I was definitely sad that I did not get to go with my hubby to Dallas to see his family this weekend. Chris went up for his Dad's 60th birthday party, and I had to miss it!! BOO!! :( 60 is a milestone birthday, and I was really hoping to be there. (Happy Birthday Papa Bugs!!).

I was cut off from travel the weekend of July 11th...but I thought I would push the limits and try to schedule just one more short roadtrip. :) When I talked to my doc on Friday at my appt, she was not a huge fan of that. HA!! She did not tell me NOT to go...but she was just not doing cartwheels or anything over me being 3+ hours away from Austin. HA!! She just preferred that I not go, as she is all about resting in the last 6-8 weeks. So I decided to go ahead and submit to that being she probably knows best. :) Plus, I had a thrown a baby shower for my friend Amy and her twins (yay!) earlier that day, so it was honestly probably a little bit too much to try to fit into one day. :) I am slowly learning, and I have been trying not to plan psycho busy days in the middle to end of the 3rd trimester! HA! :) So I stayed in Austin on Sat night while Chris headed up there....and I had a little R&R time. :)

Today was a nice day with some fun surprises. :) After church this morning, I was actually able to see my parents for lunch, as they were coming through Austin from their weekend trip to Fredericksburg. So we met for lunch down in South Austin...and I got to see my fun little Uncle Calvin and Aunt Pat too, as they were all together. :) I should have taken a pic of the happy gang....but I completely forgot my camera. :( Thanks for stopping to meet me guys!! :)

And then I got a call that our fun friends Lauren and Cody were in town. Yippee! :) They were passing through on their way back to Dallas (where they live now)....and they came by to play for a little while. Here is their pic, as they surprised us at our house with a little visit late this afternoon. :) It was super fun to see you both! We loved it! :) Happy Anniversary too!! The first year of marriage has treated you both very well..you look great! :)



And then Chris and I headed out for a fun birthday dinner to celebrate my best friend, Jennifer's, big 33!! YAY!! :) We actually celebrated more than just Jenn's bday....and that was lots of fun!! Many folks were all born around this time of year it turns out...so we had one big dinner party at Vespaio for that!! YUM!! :) Good Italian food, good laughs, good convo-cannot beat it. Happy Birthday BFF! Hope you had a great night! :)
Here are a few pics of some of the fun folks that came out to play. YAY! :)

Doug and Jenn.....still newleyweds...awww... :)


Sweet Carrie... :) Her hubby Jesse had to work and we missed him. Happy Birthday Jesse! He is a July baby too! :)


Matt and Amy....both have b-days in July too, and are also newleyweds!! YAY! :)


Jenn's cute mom Debbie and her boyfriend J.L....... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment