Saturday, July 11, 2009

Child Birthing 101

Oh yes...today was the day of the impending child birthing class!! The one that we all dread but feel like we need to go to....just so we don't miss some type of preparation along the way! :) We took the Infant CPR class a few weeks back, so that was our first introduction to these type of classes. And then today was the LOOONNNNNNGGGG one!! 5 hours of all kinds of fun stuff-the stages of labor, how to breathe, pushing through the pain, ways for your hubby to help you out during all of the craziness, epidurals, C-sections, vacumns, forceps, the signs of when to head to the hospital, etc. Oh yes...tons of info, and some fun videos as well. :)

Actually, it really was not that bad at all. I had heard horror stories about the classes and all of the bad videos they would show us of women giving birth, etc. But thankfully it was not like that! :) It was actually quite informative so I appreciated that. It was good to have a maternal nurse backing up some of the books I had read, and what friends had told me. I think Chris and I were both glad we went...just as an FYI. And during the "practice contraction times", I got some good head and back rubs from my hubby too! HA!! :) I think he might need to keep practicing for labor some more beforehand...just to be sure he knows how to do all of those good massages, etc when I am in pain!! LOL!! :)

We have two more classes to go-Breastfeeding and Newborn Care. And I am sure those will be quite insightful as well. :) Bring it on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment