Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sleep Deprivation At Its Finest...

Oh yes....gotta love sleep deprivation, don't you? You know.....the kind that keeps you up multiple times at night (usually when you have just fallen into that deep sweet sleep). You have to love being startled awake on a regular basis throughout a peaceful sleep....where when you look back and realize that you have only slept about 6 hours in a 9 hour stretch. Oh and you have that nice lingering headache to take with you thoughout the day. Now this could only be more fun if this happened every night for a week.

Oh wait...this is my life that I am talking about and it has been happening!! LOL!! :)

Oh yes....this has been our last week with Braden and I am barely hanging on by today. :) Chris said I was snoring loud last night during the stretches that I got. HA!! Fun times! :)

I think I have mentioned before that we have had a great sleeper on our hands, and he has been since birth (OUTSIDE of these random weeks when he transitions from month to month). It is pretty weird b.c it seems like this happened when he went from month 3 to 4, and now again from month 4 to 5. I have no idea what sets it off but it is usually rough for about a week and then he transitions back to his normal self. I sure wish it could be more like a night or two at most....but too bad that is not the story. :( Each of these little sleep regression patterns varies and this one is no different. This time he decided it would be fun if he would wake up every few hours and cry/scream. Um yeah.... :( So we put him down around 8:15-8:30 for the night and one of two things has happened this week: he either falls asleep right away and then wakes up throughout the night every few hours randomly crying OR he fights and fights to go to bed period, and then he sleeps most of the night. I cannot seem to decide which is worse honestly. Wednesday night was the icing on the cake b.c not only did he freak out when it was time to go to bed, and cry from 8:15-9:45 (insanity)....but he ALSO woke up off and on throughout the night. Seriously!! What? So I think I woke up in a pretty rotten mood around 5:30 am this morning..when he decided that he was up for the day.

I finally decided to keep him home from school this morning to get a good nap in. It was imperative to me that he really slept before I took him up there...and I am hoping that it worked. Today seemed better than the rest so my fingers are crossed that we might be back on track. :) I am praying a lot too! :)

So here's to raising a child and learning all the craziness along the way. Here's also to SLEEP...which we hope and pray we get tonight!! YAY!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment