Saturday, January 9, 2010

Moving On Up.........

Braden is growing up so fast! I feel like a broken record when I keep saying that but where does time go..seriously? He is quickly coming up on 5 months...and I just cannot believe how different he is every few weeks, and all of the new things that he can do!! :) It reminds you what a miracle the entire birth of a child is every day!! :)

He is still on a really good schedule even after the first week in daycare (thank you Lord!!). He still eats 5 times per day, and he still sucks that bottle down! :) He takes 3 good naps per day pretty consistently, and he is back to sleeping really well through the night (about 10-11 hours). Luckily that "nightful waking" thing only lasted about a week and he was back on track again. So grateful for thatl!! YAY!! We tried the rice cereal again and he was a little more interested this time...seemed like he understood the spoon thing just a little bit more. I think we will still wait awhile to go down that road though... since it is pretty messy. :) HA!!

His personality continues to blossom and we laugh at him daily. He is always smiling and giggling and talking almost constantly!! I still cannot figure out where he gets that! LOL! :) He is getting more and more mobile, and he has become our little wiggle worm. :) Sometimes I think he might literally throw himself out of my arms if I don't hold onto to him tightly. :) He is also really into our lips when we talk..and just wants to grab them all of the time. :)

We have a blast watching him on any blanket on his tummy....and how he just wants to push up and go somewhere so bad. :) Too cute. You can lay him down on his stomach and turn around to do something, and when you turn back around he is often on his back...just like that. :) Like I mentioned in another post, he is still not super excited about rolling, and will not do it on a regular basis...but sitting, now that is a completely different story!! He LOVES to sit....and is quite good at it actually! :) He can sit perfectly with little assistance, and he sits pretty darn well with no assistance. He can prop himself up using his hands..and he can make for a little bit before he tumbles over. :) But oh how he loves to sit up, and he loves to stand.

We have moved him onto new toys but he seems to prefer the ones that are around the 6 month range. He loves to make the music turn on and will laugh at his favorite ones. He will still occasionally play under his overhead play gym but gets bored pretty quickly. He is into the jumper, exersaucer, bumbo, and lots of toys that he can sit up and interact with. :) Since we live in a 2 story house, we have put different toys all around the house for entertainment purposes, and for our sanity-ha!! We put a few swings and bouncers up and downstairs, an exersaucer up and down, and then the jumper to round out the fun! YAY! :) So we are "upgrading" to all of the new stuff that is geared more to his age. :)

Looking forward to what Month 5 will bring as it is getting close!! :)

I love my feet now, and I cannot get enough of them these days.. :)
Love those rosy cheeks... :) Could they be from teething? :)
Since the playgym is starting to bore me just a little bit....I like to put my legs in the circles of the toys now...b.c that is fun! :)
Sitting up rocks....why did I not do this before? Toy overstimulation much? :)
I think if I hide behind this strap then they will not be able to see me! And maybe they will stop taking so many pictures!
Ok, that did not work.....so I will just show my face. :)
I like my tummy if I can play with all of my new toys.....
We made some of his hand and footprints this weekend..so we could remember how small those little body parts were. :) Braden is obviously not too sure about this adventure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment