Thursday, October 8, 2009

6 Weeks Old....

Today is Braden's 6 week birthday!! YAY!! :) He is getting happier and more smiley by the day, and we are having such a good time with him. He cracks us up every day with his crazy expressions and all of his talking. LOL!! :) I think he is going to be a BIG talker with all the grunting and cooing that we hear daily. Hysterical. :) Our little man is growing up so fast...right before our eyes. :)

I am sad that I only have 6 weeks of maternity leave left, and I know that it will go by just as fast as the first 6 weeks did. Ugh. :( Boo! :( Not looking forward to returning to work at this point b.c it will be really hard to go back after 3 months off. I think we need 1 year of maternity leave like they give in Australia!! Oh yes we do! :)

This week was good for me b.c I got to get pampered..yeah! :) Chris was off on Monday so I went and got a facial, back facial, and a manicure. NICE!! I also got treated to a nice relaxing hair appt this week too..full highlight and cut. Pure bliss when you are a mom!! I am not sure if the bliss is just being able to sit somewhere in pure silence for 2-3 hours or if it is actually the pampering. HA! :) All of those treatments seem to feel so much better than before I had a baby..lol! :) I am looking forward to some more of that! :)

Braden and I are starting to venture out just a little bit more. Nothing crazy yet but just some fun experiments. :) Today we went to a movie!! HA! :) YES!! :) I braved it and it actually was not too bad. The worst part was that the movies STUNK!! I started out in "The Invention of Lying" and only made it about 30 minutes...before I was annoyed with it. So I walked out to give something else a try. "The Informant" was just starting, so I tried that one out. I made it in there about an hour and again was annoyed. Neither were really worth staying for unfortunately....but Braden did really good! :) I think he was good enough that I might actually try that again. :) I learned today that there are "Baby Days" at Alamo Drafthouse on Tuesdays, so I have to check those out with all of those other fun moms out there!! YAY!! "Mommy and Me" movie dates...here we come!! YIPPEE!! :)

Here are some pics from our little munchkin's 6th week!! :)


He has lots of these fun and creative outifts. Love them!! :) This one was from my sister in law, Jennifer, and her mom. So cute!! It says "Wee-publican" and it was a gift for Chris! HA!! Too fun! :)


This one cracks us up....also from Jennifer and her mom. They are so creative! It is Braden's first little tie and it has his initials on it-"BCB". So cute!!

Here is the backside...ha!! :)
Braden playing on his new little tummy time mat from his cousin Riley. :)

Hanging out with his sweet grandma on the porch. He loves to rock and just listen to the cars go by! :)
Sleeping on Papa Jet....oh so comfy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment