Thursday, June 4, 2009

Why Is It Going So Fast?

So we just moved into Week 27 of the pregnancy...and I know that I have said this before but I just cannot believe how fast this is all going!! Seriously! :) Slow down, slow down..ha! :)

We had our monthly doc appt yesterday, and Braden seems to be doing well all snuggled up in there. :) The doctor measured my stomach and said that he was measuring exactly to the day that I was at this appt...so she was really excited about that. We were supposed to have an ultrasound at this visit, and we were so ready to see our little man again. My mom was also in town, so we were excited for her to be in there for this one too. However, since he was measuring so exact, and the heartbeat was really good, the doc did not think there was a need for an ultrasound. Major bummer!! :( So we are having withdrawls a little bit since we have not seen him in about 7 weeks. Boo. :( They tell us it will be the at the next appt (Week 30), so we shall see. We were just thankful that everything checked out so well as the appt, and that I am still feeling so good. Both are huge blessings that we do not take for granted at all!

I did take my one hour gestational diabetes test on Tues as well. Drink the fun drink, wait an hour, have blood drawn...you know the drill! And for whatever reason, I failed the dang thing! Sheesh!! Not sure if it might have been something that I ate the previous day..or if the eggs that I had for breakfast that morning somehow messed things up. Strange, I know. We really have no idea. :( So I have to go back for the 3-4 hour test next week and do it all over again. Only much longer..and many more pricks with the needle!! ICK!! :( Hate it but I will do it for the baby. :) Hopefully it was just a false positive and everything is all good...but if not then I will know something in a week or so. If I do have gestational diabetes then I think I just have to go on a no/low sugar diet for the last couple of months of the pregnancy. That does not sound like fun either, does it? But it is all supposed to go away once the little one is born. :)

Pregnancy hormones have kicked into high gear this week for some reason..and my poor little hubby has had to suffer some sob fests. HA! But he is such a trooper...and I cannot even tell you how in love with my husband that I am. He is such an amazing support system for me....and I feel so blessed to have him by my side. :) I know that he will be a wonderful father too...so that is such a blessing. He knew that I was having a hard week so he sent me some cute flowers to cheer me up!! Isn't he the best? Thank you Chris for being such a wonderful man!! :) I love you tons... :)

1 comment:

  1. Friend I am LOVING your blog! Woo Hoo! BTW, I failed the first glucose test, but passed the second. It is definitely possible. I brought a portable DVD with me and watched a movie while I waited. It is a very LONG time between all of the tests! Good luck! xoxo, Celena

    ReplyDelete