Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Can Spell My Name!

My sweet little man Braden has learned how to spell his name. What a cutie! :) We are so proud of him! :) You can ask him "How do you spell your name?" and he will just say "B-R-A-D-E-N". :) Occasionally he will leave out the "E" b.c he gets a little excited and goes fast.....but he usually gets it all right. He has also learned to start sounding it out and he will say "bbbbbb....B!!" And often if you show him one of the letters in his name he can tell you what it is....so we are getting somewhere with recognizing letters too.

We have been talking to him about his name, and we have been spelling it together for about a week or so, using it in songs, and spelling it out on his name puzzles.....and all of a sudden he just got it!

He has also realized that many things have his name on them (since I am a monogram freak-ha!!!)....so he will point those out and say "that spells Braden!". He just realized last night that his name was over his bed, so I heard him on the monitor spelling it out for awhile before he fell asleep. My sweet little man....his mind must run 90 to nothing all of the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment