Thursday, July 14, 2011

5 Months Old And Getting Chunky!

Brant turned 5 months on July 14th and he is doing AWESOME!! Who would have ever known that he was a preemie by the way that he is growing. He is a huge stud! :) I know that when I was sitting in the NICU for days upon end that I could not see the 5 month mark. It just seemed like too far away...and I definitely could not picture what he would look like. :) And now when I see him I could not be more thankful for this precious gift that God gave to us. He could not be a better fit into our crazy family, and I love that God knows just how to put all of the pieces together to make that happen. We are truly blessed with our boys, and what fun they are!

Here is what is going on with Brant at 5 months:

1) He is weighing in at about 14 lbs. :) He is wearing 3-6 month clothes and many 6 months clothes fit really well. I can see the size 3 diaper on the horizon very soon too..go little B! :) It is so fun to see him outgrow things so quickly. With Braden I remember being frustrated and thinking "but he only wore that ONE time!!".....but with Brant I love when he wears things once or not at all b.c it means we are movin on up in the weight and height arenas. :) Never thought I would say that! HA!

2) For the past month or so, all he wants in his mouth are his hands. I mean he loves those things. He is a drool monster but it is so dang cute. And how he loves to make raspberries...oh my! :)

3) He talks all the time...so this is something that must run in our family!! HA! Well ok, it must run with the boys and I (Chris is not quite the talker that I am). :) I just love to sit there and listen to him talk to himself about all kinds of fun things. Sure wish I knew what he was saying. :)

4) He loves to giggle too...and I love that precious sound. You can tickle him and he will giggle, or talk to him a certain way and he will giggle. Man I love it!

5) Since he has really taken to rice cereal much earlier than we had expected, we are starting to move it to twice per day now. He opens his mouth like little bird, swallows it all up, and still looks happy. And you KNOW that stuff is not good. :) Braden wanted to try it again the other day when Brant was eating. We warned him but he was still intrigued (obviously not remembering back to when he was a baby). He took one tiny taste and was like "ICK!!" and tried to spit it out. LOL! :) I know Bud, it is gross stuff! :)

6) We are still dealing with acid reflux with our little man. :( It is the silent kind which is exactly what Braden had. It does not affect him anywhere near what many folks have told me regarding their kids that have had it....but it sometimes does become an irritant that we need to take care of. If we keep his medicine regulated by his weight as he grows then we are usually in a good place. And the rice cereal really seems to be helping his GI tract as well.

7) He is the happiest baby on the block. Literally...he is such a joy!! Unless he is super tired or starving, he is happy just to hang out with us. He is really chill and not much of a crier. Thank you Lord! :)

8) He is getting good at holding toys (like rattles) for awhile, and shaking them around. He grabs at a lot of his toys...especially on his playmat and his carseat.

9) He has great head control and enjoys sitting up a lot. He will sit in his bumbo and just watch you as you engage him with toys. I want to try prop sitting with him soon.

10) And one of my favorite things of all time is that he is a cuddler!! Oh how I love it!! :) He will let you hold him close and love on him, or snuggle up with him at night before he goes to bed. He has been a cuddly baby since the NICU, and I am so glad it has remained. :) We look forward to seeing what the next month will bring for our sweet baby boy. There is no doubt that he will be even more grown up at that point. They just grow up entirely too fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment