Saturday, July 9, 2011

Friday Night Fun!!

Good times were had by all on Friday, July 8th when my Mom, Braden, Brant, and I headed down south on the Metrorail to meet Chris for dinner downtown. We rode it from our house into downtown Austin, and you would have thought it was the coolest thing we had done all year based on one little man's excitement level. :) Actually, I think it could have possibly been one of the coolest experiences of Braden's life to date b.c he HONESTLY believed that he was riding on Thomas. :) Oh my that boy was stoked!! Everytime we would stop at another station along the way he would say "more people get on Thomas". And when other trains would go by us he would say "another Thomas?"

It was SOOO fun to watch him get so thrilled by this adventure that I did not want it to end. :) I had not ridden on that train before either and I must say that I was quite impressed. Not only is it spacious, very cool (which is great in 100+ degree weather), super clean, and has free wireless.....the windows are at the perfect eye level for kids. :) So we did not have to do one thing to entertain Mr. B....he was on Cloud 9 for the 40 min ride.

Here we go! :) Leaving Lakeline Station...
Mimi and Braden...happy as can be! Even Brant was enjoying himself and never made a peep! :) This is SOOOO much fun Mom! :) Arriving downtown...... (little plug for the Hilton in the background since that is where Chris and I had our wedding reception)! HA! :)We made it! :) Chris picked us up and we headed over to Zandunga Mexican Bistro for dinner. We love to try new places and we love margaritas! :) It was a really fun experience and I would love to do it again with Braden soon. We were also thrilled that my mom stayed in town all weekend to play with us. Normally she meets my dad somewhere and comes back on Sunday...but this time we had the pleasure of hanging out with her while Dad played golf. :)

That night Chris and I had a nice little date night after the boys were in bed. We headed out to the new Flix Brewhouse to see "Horrible Bosses". Nice mix between Gold Class Cinemas and Alamo Drafthouse......so we liked it! :) Thank you for letting us have a night out on the town Mom! You are the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment