Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th Of July!!

Yay for the 4th of July! :) I like what this holiday stands for, and that it is a nice freebie day off of work....but I am not too much of a fan of the time of year in which it falls-the dead heat of summer! :( Ick!! Every year around the 4th I start thinking about sitting outside and watching fireworks in the 100+ degree temps...and I try to get myself excited about that decision.....to go or not to go. Well this year the decision was made for me as all of the fireworks shows were cancelled in Austin and the surrounding areas (due to the drought). I was fine with that b.c I am really NOT a fan of wildfires at all...so I would rather be safe than sorry!! :)

But despite the fact that there were no fireworks over that weekend, we still had a lot of fun with our two firecrackers. :) We went to a movie, went to some good places to eat, took Braden to some fun classes, did splash pads, saw friends, dedicated Brant at church, etc. So it was a nice long 4th weekend.....and I was happy with how it turned out. :)

Chris and I even went and took advantage of some of the big 4th of July furniture sales that were going on that weekend. We have been wanting to do something different in our living room with our couches, etc....so we decided to make that happen. Chris looks pretty happy with the one that we picked, right? He sure is smiling big. :) We are looking forward to having this sectional delivered and snuggling up on it as a family of four in the years to come. :)
Smiling b.c I love the 4th of July! :) Hanging with my bro... :) Sometimes I don't realize that I am putting him in a headlock. :)
Flags!! :)
Yay America! :) I love you Brant!Brand New....Red, White, and Blue... :) Listening to some books that my Mimi brought me. :) Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for the Brand New... Red white and blue onsie EVERYWHERE... and this is the ONLY picture I've found... Could you PLEASE email me where you got it? TY!!! biglilsis2004@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete