Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bye Bye Bumpers....

Well if you can believe it, we just took the bumpers our of our 20 month old's bed LAST NIGHT!! I am in shock that he lasted that long!! I put him into bed and heard him talking for awhile like he always does. I just happened to look on the video monitor to see how things were going in there. And alas...what do I see? I see a little bootie trying to manuever it's way over the side of the crib rail!! I think not!! :) He was using his bumpers as leverage to try and get his leg up over the top. Goodness!! Is there anything this child does not think of? :)

So it was time for them to come out...and for him to sleep in a "naked" crib that is not pretty anymore. HA!! Just a sheet, his pillow, and his favorite blankets. :) Since he has not actually crawled out, I do not want to put him in a toddler bed just yet. If we can just make it to two years old. :) I don't know though..he is pretty darn smart, and I know one night I am going to wake up to him walking into my room and saying "Hi Mama!!". :)

1 comment:

  1. BOTH MINE WERE IN A BIG BOY BED AT 12 MONTHS... THEY LOVE IT. YOU SHOULD TRY IT. I LOVE THE STEP 2 FIRETRUCK BED THAT JACOB HAS. IT USES THE CRIB MATTRESS!

    ReplyDelete