Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sick Days....

Unfortunately, Braden has celebrated his 7 month birthday with a pretty painful ear infection and an uncomfortable fever. :( Poor little baby!! I just hate to see him feeling bad!!

He has been sick off and on during cold and flu season...a few colds and one other very mild ear infection. During all of those times his personality never really changed, and he was his same ole jovial self! :)

Well, this time it was a little bit different. :( I figured he might have an ear infection b.c he was still coughing after about 10 days, and he had a rough night on Sunday night. He was up off and on...just not sleeping well. Then when he woke up on Monday morning, I knew something was wrong for sure..b.c we was not himself at all. I took him to school b.c I could not put my finger on what it was just yet (and he was fever free). The school called me at 2:30 and said he had a 102.5 fever. Ugh. :( The minute I went to pick him up my heart just broke. He was so lethargic and just wiped out. He has never had a fever before so I did not know what to expect. All I had to go on is when I have had a fever...and I know that I have always felt awful. :(

So Braden and I spent much of the days this week together at home.....trying to get him well, and back in tip top shape! :) I am hopeful that it is finally working b.c he is about 80% back to his normal self as of tonight...and his fever is down to 100.4. So we are making progress!! :)

I loved spending that extra cuddle time with him this week, although I hated the reason why. I tried to be as creative as I could, since I still had to get some work done during those days.

We had a "play party" outside one afternoon....so I could work and he could play. Once the Tylenol or Motrin had kicked in then he was usually good for a couple of hours before he would feel bad again. So I capitalized on those hours. :) He seemed to really like some of his toys being moved outside for his enjoyment. :)

So busy studying these toys that he has seen a million times. :) So cute. Stopping for one quick second to smile.......
We had some bathtime fun too to try and feel better...... :) Spending time in the big bathtub these days is so much more fun than being in the baby bathtub!! There is sooooo much more water that can be splashed around..and a much bigger mess can be made. :) We are praying our baby boy is on the mend b.c we cannot wait to have him back to 100%!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment