Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What A PAIN!!!

So I have decided that it ROCKS to have a baby in the fall!! :) I was not thinking that when it was 105 degrees all summer...but now I am LOVING IT!! The weather is really starting to be amazing, football season is in full gear, and all of that other fun stuff that comes with this time of the year. I cannot wait to get out more in the next few months, enjoy the wonderful weather, and just be outside. :) Thinking ahead...we are also excited that we get to dress the little man up for Halloween, his first Thanksgiving and Christmas!! :) YIPPEE!! So much fun!! :)

So I had a pretty awesome pregnancy, a really good labor and delivery, quick recovery, and have had a very well behaved baby to date. I guess that my luck was bound to run at at some point. HA! :) I think it ran out about a week after delivery when all my pain meds wore off. :) Gotta love it! I had some pretty challenging things that crept up like an allergic reaction to those horrible mesh undies they make you wear in the hospital, night sweats, and low milk supply. And all at one time! HA! Where is the love? :)

I would say the most challenging thing that I have dealt with in the past couple of weeks is some pretty miserable back pain. What in the world? UGH! I am pretty sure it is either from the epidural, the actual pushing during labor, or a combo of both. Boo. :( Once the pain killers wore off after the first week or so, I just started to feel a lot of pain on my right side (hip, lower back, etc). I thought that was interesting since my right leg was the one that did not go numb after the epidural. I thought it was connected to that somehow. I started limping all around and that change in posture caused additional aches and pains. After a few days of that new "walk", the pain spread to my entire lower back. Over the course of the past two weeks since I have been having the pain, it has not really gotten any better at all. I have tried ice, heat, Bengay, Motrin, etc. My OB's office just said that it is common and might take up to 6 weeks to go away, and that we will discuss it more when I come in for my 6 week post partum visit (if it is not gone). Apparently this happens more often then not, however, I don't think I knew that pre-labor. :( Boo again. :(

Since waiting 6 weeks was unacceptable to me, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I definitely took the advice above about ice for the swelling, Motrin, and Bengay, etc. However, I also went to get a massage, and started going to the chiropractor. Friday is my 3rd visit to a female chiro that specializes in pregnancy, and I am PRAYING I get some relief when this is all over. It is pretty debilitating as it is about all that I can do to just spend a half hour walking around Target. I spend most of my days in the sitting or lying position...and that is just NOT me. I look forward to the day that I can take Braden on walks and just enjoy being outside more. Hopefully it will be here sooner than later. I have to remind myself that I am still healing (since I am just 3 weeks post delivery)....but that is not easy for me either. It is something that I have had to learn quickly. :)

I hope to post some better news in the very near future. I am praying for a full recovery! Pain, pain..please go away! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment