Sunday, September 20, 2009

Schedule or Bust!

Oh yes...one super fun part of being a parent is trying to get your baby on a schedule!! Gotta love it!! Well I knew that scheduling was inevitable, and that I was too much of a planner NOT to have Braden on a schedule at some point. The sooner the better I thought!! :)

Some of the books that I read said that anytime after 2 weeks was fair game to start moving in some sort of scheduling direction. So at a little over 3 weeks we decided to give it a try. We thought we had nothing to lose, so why not just see how it goes with our little man. This past weekend we started somewhat of a schedule..and knock on wood, it is working relatively well. HA! :) We also moved him to his crib on Saturday night so that helped out a ton. Although, I am not going to lie...I sure did miss Braden when we moved him out of our room and to his crib that first night. I think I stared at the video monitor most of the night-ha! How crazy emotions are after the baby arrives! :)

So basically Braden goes down in his crib between 8-9 every night...and he gets up to start the day between 8-9 am the next morning. We usually feed him once before we finally go to bed at night, and then we wake up once or twice during the night to feed him again. He sleeps about 4-5 hours at a time which is so nice!! :) It helps Chris and I out a ton. :) He is such a good baby. :)

Then during the day he eats, plays for a little while, and then naps. He does pretty good with those naps during the day as well. So overall, it seems to be working as best as it can with a 1 month old. :) It helps me to plan out when Chris and I can have time together, and when I need to be up to get my things done, etc. So it is good for us....as well as for him. Let's hope that this continues!!! We are praying for it to only get better as he gets a little older. :)

Regarding our days at home as a twosome (now that Chris went back to work full time this week).....it is very different than my life pre-baby! HA! :) I spend a lot of time looking at these 4 walls and reminding myself that this is just a season, and in a few weeks Braden and I can get out and be more active. The pediatrician really wants us to keep him out of the general public for about 8 weeks due to flu season..so we are trying our best to do that. :)

This past weekend we decided to get out as a family so that I would not go completely stir crazy. :) Friday night we headed to Central Market and ate outside b.c the weather was amazing! We picked a table in the very far corner where no one would see or touch him, and we covered the car seat so he could just sleep. Chris and I enjoyed the live music and some good food for an hour or so. It was VERY good for me to join the land of the living for just a short time! :)

Then Saturday night we decided to go and get Chili's TO GO...and head out to Brushy Creek Park for the evening. So we sat outside and just enjoyed our time outside of our living room! HA!! :) Here are a couple of pics from our second family adventure.. :)

Go Chili's..YUM! :)
Go Corona...more YUM! :)
Of course Braden slept the entire time... :)
Chris took him on a little walk when dinner was over.. :)

More family adventures to come!! YAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment