Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nap When The Baby Naps....

Oh yes...the ever popular saying "Just nap when the baby naps". Um...yeah, ok! I have no idea who made this idea up and thought it would actually work. I think what it really should say is "Nap when the baby naps, AS LONG AS your mother is in town to help with cooking, cleaning, and to watch the baby when he/she wakes up". I am not sure if some of these women's babies are napping for like 4 hours at a time or what. That would be the only way that I think it could actually happen. Honestly, they would have to be sleeping that long in order to get EVERYTHING done while they are asleep, and nap yourself. Is anyone else with me on this one?
I heard this numerous times BEFORE Braden arrived.....and it worked pretty well when my mom was here the first week and a 1/2. But now that I am at home by myself all day..that is one luxury that I just don't get to take part in. How I wish I did. :)

Maybe our house is the only household that cannot seem to get anything done when our baby is awake. :) Even though we would love to sleep....we still have to eat, clean the house up, pay bills, take care of our household type things, etc. You get the picture. :) So if anyone has any really good ideas on how to do this (other than hiring a daily maid, cook, accountant, etc)...PLEASE share! :)

Now don't get me wrong..Chris and I are VERY blessed. We have a pretty good little sleeper on our hands, and we get a "decent" amount of sleep at night. I know that it could be a lot harder if we were not sleeping at all. So no complaining from the Bugbee household..but I just think that saying is so funny and so impossible...all at the same time! :) Huge kudos to all who can do it..you are my heroes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment