Friday, May 29, 2009

"Sisters"

So I blogged about our super cute nieces the other day...and now I need to do a shout out to my "sisters". :) Growing up in our house, there were 2 kiddos...me and my little brother Cory. :)
Cory and I loved to fight when we were younger of course......and I am sure that drove my parents quite mad, however, now that we are older, we are best buds! :) I really do love my brother to death...he is a great father and a great husband, and I love watching him with his family. :) We have shared some crazy moments and crazy stories...and when I look back on our memories I can only smile. So I feel very blessed to have grown up with a sibling...and even more blessed that it was him. :)

As you grow up though (even if you thought your household was perfect), I think you still wonder what it would have been like to have had a sibling of the same gender. I am sure Cory wonders what it would have been like to have had a brother to get dirty and silly with. I wonder what it would have been like to have had a sister too. :) Being the selfish kids that I bet we were, I am sure that more than once we both asked our parents to have one more kid to fill that "want". :)

All of that being said...I got SUPER lucky b.c I did get my "sisters" when my brother got married to his wife Jennifer, and when I got married to Chris, and acquired his sister Katie as my "sis" too. :) Even though it was later in life that all happened..I am grateful that I have gotten the chance to have "sisters" to hang out with and do girly things. :) So this is a shout out to Jennifer and Katie for being such awesome sisters...and friends! Thank you both...you have sweetened my life immensely!! :) I love you both lots! :)

My sis Katie... :)








My sis Jennifer..... :)

I do have one other "sister" too... :) I don't want to leave out any love for my best friend of over 20 years...Jennifer. :) She and I grew up together since the 7th grade..and I think she was always like another member of our family, and I loved that! :) We have been together through thick and thin..and all of the adventures that life has brought us from Junior High to present day. What a huge blessing to have a best friend to walk through all of life's precious moments with!! So this is a shout to you too Jenn!!! I love you tons! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment