Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby Moon #1

Ok....I am back! :) I took about a week off to try and figure out this crazy blogging thing!! I cannot believe that I have worked it the high tech industry for over 10 years...and I just could not seem to figure it all out! HA! All I knew how to do was post....but did not know how to add anything else. :) Glad we have that all figured out now! :)

So jumping back just a couple of weeks to Chris and I's decision to take a nice trip for our 2nd anniversary...and what some would call a "baby moon". Something that I think is definitely needed when you are obsessed with travel like I am, and expecting a baby in a few months! :) So we decided to plan a nice getaway before we got cut off from travel altogether. (Note-that is going to be a sad day for me!).

We decided to take a cruise b.c we figured that would be super relaxing, and we would not have to plan anything but when to get off the boat at ports, what excursions to take, when to eat, and when to sleep! HA! The eating and sleeping part we had down for sure! :) So we took our 9 day cruise from Friday, April 24th until Sunday, May 3rd on the Carnival Freedom...and it was WONDERFUL!! We had such a great time...and it was probably one of the most relaxing trips we had ever been on by far. We tried lots of great food and took many many naps. :) We enjoyed the ports that we visited...and of course took lots of pics. Due to being pregnant, almost all of the shore excurions were off limits (sad), so we did island tours instead at each port. It actually worked out great..and it allowed us to have a lot more free time during the days.

Chris gets seasick on the ships...and the best part was that he was taking "Sea Calm" to get rid of the motion sickness. However, poor thing was taking the drowsy version vs the non-drowsy version...and did not figure that out until close to the end of the cruise. :) Worked awesome for me though b.c he ALWAYS wanted to nap! HA! :)

We stayed a night in Fort Lauderdale on the front end...

San Juan, Puerto Rico was our first stop...


Then we headed onto St Thomas and St John...

Next stop was Antigua.....
Then headed onto Tortola....

And finally onto Nassau....and over to Paradise Island and the Atlantis Resort.
And then we played in Miami for a day on the back end....before heading back to Austin.

So overall it was a wonderful time...and we are so glad we did it. Not only to celebrate 2 wonderful years together...but also the arrival of a new member of our family soon! :)

I must admit that I am not completely sure if that can be the "last, last" trip though! I am still plotting to try to squeeze one more airline ticket in before the cut off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment