Thursday, May 28, 2009

Anniversary Dates

So I think some of you know that Chris and I have a tradition of celebrating our anniversary every month either on or right around the 5th. We got married on May 5th, 2007 so we have been doing this for about 2 years. :) It was a challenge from our pastor in pre-marital counseling to try and keep this up for as long as we could. So we alternate back and forth each month, and one of us plans a date for right around that "anniversary" day. :) It really has been fun, and it has forced us to think of some creative things to do......just when we think we have run out of any and all ideas. We hope to be able to continue this even when Braden is born....so that we know we have a night for us to go out and just play. :)

You may wonder why I am even writing about these random anniversary dates. But the truth is that it is my turn to plan the June one......and I have no clue what to do. :) Any help is appreciated! :)

This post also makes me think back on some of the fun dates we have had in the past. And, as I am reminiscing, I bet I have some pics from some of these dates too! HA!! :)

Here are a few of my favs that we did...

One time we went down to Gruene, TX for the evening and just hung out, walked around the quaint little town and had dinner at the Gristmill. :)

One month we were in Cabo San Lucas at our timeshare over our "anniversary" date...so we had an amazing dinner on the beach. Gorgeous night with the sunset and the waves...and of course the amazing food. :)

Once we went to the Austin Livestock Show and Rodeo and then saw a Tracy Lawrence concert afterward. :)One spring we headed down to Towne Lake in Austin and went canoeing. We were both so sore in our upper body the next day!! LOL! :)


Once we went to Houston and had dinner at Ninos (AMAZING Italian)....and then stayed in the Hotel ZaZa. That is a hotel we highly recommend. :)


I remember a hot July when we celebrated our "anniversary" date at Six Flags over Texas. Why did we go over July 4th weekend again? Brutally hot! :) I don't even think I have any pics of this crazy time at Six Flags b.c it was just so stinkin hot! :) But we did stay at the Gaylord Texan that weekend...and had a lot of fun there! :)


We got a little crazy once and did a Roller Skating date. Oh yes we did! :) Kickin it to the 80's baby!! :)


Once we had dinner out at the Mandola Winery...beautiful!!

And then last but not least, I remember that we rode the Austin Steam Train through the Hill Country for one of our dates!! We had a fun time and laughed most of the way!! :)


There have been so many fun times with my sweet husband...and I am forever grateful that God blessed me with such a wonderful man!! I never imagined I would get so lucky!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment