Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baby Moon #2

Yes, you did read the title right! HA! We did go on a second little short baby moon over Memorial Day weekend! :) When we were driving down to Andy's graduation, I had a little panic moment when I realized that they were going to cut me off from airline and most car travel outside of Austin around mid July. :( I realized that Memorial Day weekend was the last weekend that I would get to fly somewhere for a trip out of state before the baby (due to all the other weekends already being filled up). I am a nut, I know. :)

So I asked Chris how he would feel about a little last minute trip somewhere over the long holiday weekend. He said no prob at all as long as he did not have to take off any work (b.c he has been traveling so much). So what do you know...the next morning I woke up and there to my surprise was an email in my inbox. It was titled "Last Minute Memorial Day Weeekend Deals". Well you know that I could not help myself! :) I just had to look...and then find a great deal...and then book it! HA!! So we booked our trip to Colorado trip in a matter of about 45 min and it turned out to be such a BLAST!!

Being the crazy budget traveler that I am, I was bound and determined to find some super nice hotels for very low rates. Being that May is shoulder season in Colorado, that did not prove to be too much of a challenge! :) I ended up finding some 5 star hotels at super low rock bottom prices!! We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Denver on Friday night...and that is where I had my famous people sightings! HA! The LA Lakers basketball team was all there..and I ate breakfast next to Michael Clarke Duncan...best known for The Green Mile! :) Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a "People" addict...so I was loving it! :) Then we stayed at the St Regis in Aspen...which was just soo nice and cozy. And then came back to Denver on Sunday night to stay at the Hotel Teatro that evening. We had such a nice time just driving around CO..and eating at some fun places. We walked the cities and enjoyed the very cool weather. It was once again very relaxing and totally what we needed! :) We are both so very glad that we went on our "last, last, last" trip out of the states before the baby gets here! This really is the last one! HA! :)

A few pics from our adventure... :)

How I love scenic drives.....Beautiful Aspen......

A little rain on Sat night... :)
Capitol shot off 16th Street in Denver...

Snowmass Village-so pretty.......


Pic of the travelers outside Snowmass....

Main gondola in Aspen...heading way up into the clouds.. :)

FUN drive....up through Independence Pass at 12,095 feet! Lots of snow up there!

Driving from Denver to Aspen....


Chris just hanging out by the little creek....More scenic drive.....

No comments:

Post a Comment