Friday, November 26, 2010

And Let Us Give Thanks...

We had a GREAT Thanksgiving this year!! We stayed here in Austin and we got so many things done around our house in preparation for Baby #2!! It was awesome! Not exactly how you always want to spend a holiday but once you do it...you feel sooo much better! :)

My parents came in for about a week and they helped us out tremendously!! They got in on Tuesday night and we got started bright and early on Wednesday morning. We worked from early Wed morning until about 9 pm that night getting the nursery cleaned out, guest rooms rearranged, the crib put up, closets cleaned out, extra storage hung in the gargage, stuff ready to sell, etc. Mom and I also worked on getting the Christmas decor out and put up...which was fun. :) We took Braden to Gymboree so Mom could see him in action...and we got all of the final preparations ready for Thanksgiving lunch. It was such a successful workday!!

Then on Thursday we had a nice Thanksgiving Day lunch...YUM!!! Dad and Chris headed off to the deer lease for a few nights. Chris went to relax and have some downtime....which he very much enjoyed. :) While the guys were gone, Mom and I watched A&M beat the hell outta Texas!!! WHOOP!!! :) We also worked on more things around the house. We took some time out for fun over the weekend too and went to one of Braden's little friend's bday parties, got him a haircut, ran some errands, grubbed up at Cantina Laredo, and hit the Children's Museum. :) It was a fun time for sure! :) The cold front also came in on Thursday and it was just so perfect for this time of the year!

Thank you for all of your help Mom and Dad!! We could not have done it all without you!! :)

Braden wants to help decorate the tree too! :)
Playing bubbles with Mimi. :)Checking out his new Mr Potato head. He thought it was so funny to wear the lips! :) While working on Brant's new room, Braden thought it would be funny to crawl under random things like the bouncer. :) He will crawl under anything he can find these days! :) Heading downtown to the Children's Museum. We love our membership there! :)
My new house! :) Playing peek a boo with Mimi! :) Trucks and dirt...yeah! :)
I found the moo cows! :) Time to get my haircut again! :) The second one did not go quite as well as the first. He was not upset or crying or anything...but he just did not want to sit still! :) He was a major wiggle worm!
I LOVE my new table that Mimi and Popple got me...and I love my new name puzzle from my buddy Weston! :) We took some pics of Mom and Dad with B at the park.... :) He did not want to cooperate too much this time. He had more important things to do like PLAY! :)
This face he is making seriously cracks me up! After pics on Sunday night, we headed to County Line to get our BBQ grub on. Braden thought it would be fun to chew on all of our bones! LOL! :) He ate his fair share of weight in BBQ too though! :)
What a fun Thanksgiving!! I am grateful for so many blessings this year...most importantly my husband, my son, my baby on the way, my family, and my friends!! I am so blessed and have so much more than I deserve!! Thank the Lord for giving us this time of the year to reflect on how truly amazing life is. Love love love this time of the year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment