Saturday, August 27, 2011

Braden is TWO!!!!

Our sweet little man Braden turned the big TWO on August 27th. Man we love this kid!! I never knew how much fun raising a boy could be until he came into our lives. There is not a day that goes by that Chris and I don't look at one another with that mutual glance that says "He is growing up way too fast!" :)

Here are his stats from his 2 year well check:
Weight- 33 pounds (93rd percentile)-I think he is actually less than this b.c he had all of his clothes on. :)
Height-37 1/4 inches (greater than 95th percentile)-the boy is TALL! :)

Here are some fun things that B is doing right now....
1) Seriously growing..and getting thin. :) Must be b.c he is so dang active! :) Sometimes we laugh b.c his shorts start to slip down. :) He is wearing 3T clothes well-especially shirts, so of course we had to have a wardrobe re-do again. HA!

2) Braden must understand like 99% of what we say..it cracks me up. Well, until I know that he understands but he won't obey. :)

3) We still have the fun toddler tantrums but they seem to happen less frequently right now...so that makes me happy. :)

4) He used to say "Yeah" when you would ask him a question. Now he says "Yes". It seems so formal. :)

5) I know that I have mentioned this before....but the boy LOVES to talk! Oh my goodness he is so much fun to listen to. I just love his little voice. :) I love picking him up from school and hearing what he ate for lunch, what he did in art, why the playground and outside activities were fun, etc. :)

6) Braden can recognize about 3/4 of the letters of the alphabet. One day he just started pointing them out everywhere. Freaked us out at first for sure. :) He can also tell you how each one sounds-what the letters "say". :)

7) Books are HUGE in our house. He just loves to read and read, and read some more. :) He is even starting to get into the longer paper type books where you read one story a night. We cannot believe how still he sits there while he listens. Too cute. :)

8) Braden is VERY into singing songs...and we try to video tape him anytime that we can. He will sing many different songs to you...sometimes 5 or so in a row. LOL! :) He is also very into nursery rhymes and he will say those to you as well.

9) Most of the time when you tell him about something he will finish it with "Oh that's good!" :)

10) We are rarely called Mommy and Daddy anymore, as he almost always calls us Mom and Dad now. It started awhile back but has now become very common.

11) He wants to do everything himself!! :) Many times if we are trying to help him do something he will simply say "I do it myself!!". Ok then..

12) He absolutely LOVES Brant, and no one can make Brant laugh like Braden can!! :) Love those boys together! :) I think we are in for a lifetime of fun with those two!

I am sure there are tons of things that I am forgetting b.c he literally comes home with something new everyday now it seems. One thing I can say about Braden for sure though...he keeps us on our toes! :) We love you so much B and we just cannot even believe you are TWO!! :) We pray for many teachable moments with you this year, many laughs, and even more happy memories! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment