Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas In The Big D....

Christmas 2010....all I can say is what a whirlwind!! :) We headed up to Dallas to celebrate again this year, and both of our families were up there for the occassion as well. We spent 3 nights in town so Braden got lots of good cousin time, and we packed in 4 Christmases and a birthday party into the first two days. It was pretty nuts for sure, and the Armada got quite the workout back and forth from Dallas to Fort Worth! HA! :)

Braden was much more into Christmas this year so that was lots of fun. I think he was also way over the gift opening after those two days though! He just wanted to play with some of his new stuff...and he did not understand why he had to keep opening more! HA!! We all know that gifts are definitely not the main reason we celebrate Christmas but it sure is fun to see your little boy trying to tear into presents to see what the surprise might be inside. :)

Braden and Brant got some wonderful gifts as always...everyone is so generous and thoughtful with their presents. Thank you all for all of the amazing things that you gave the boys. There is no doubt they will be loving up on all of this in the new year. :)

Christmas Eve we started out at Chris's dad's house with a GREAT brunch. :) We all grubbed it up and then it was time to head into the present opening stage. HA! :)
Time to open presents.......
Miss Riley is ready. :) Look at her cute hair and this is her little smile. :)
Mama and daughter shot on Christmas Eve...Playing with Riley and Aunt Katie...The kids wanted to stand at the back door and watch the cold weather outside. :) They also wanted to ring the bells that Chris's dad had...so we all sang "Jingle Bells" and drank eggnog. :)
Christmas pic with Papa Bugs. :) Braden was more into the toy he had found than the picture. Fun new outfit for Brant from Uncle Andy!I got the Wocket In My Pocket and I got an actual Wocket! :) Another one of my AWESOME presents was an outdoor slide and basketball hoop from Papa Bugs. Dad will have to put that together when it gets a little warmer outside. :)
Jay got a smoothie maker that he claims he is going to be using to make yummy margaritas. :)
Papa Bugs got a picture of ME! :) We got our baby monitor for Brant's room...yay!! Thank you Papa Bugs! :) Riley got a huge dream house which we are certain she is in love with. :)One of our gifts to Papa Bugs was a new Longhorn sweatshirt (since that is his alma mater)...with a note that said "Here is something to keep you warm at your bowl game this year. Oh wait, you are not going to a bowl game this year...sorry!!" Hee hee! :) Hope he can still enjoy the sweatshirt. :)
Christmas morning we woke up at Chris's mom's house and it was time for another fun filled time of celebration! :) We had a big breakfast and then it was time to attack the presents again. ;) Chris and Braden in their Christmas jammies. :) Miss Riley in her Christmas jammies too....getting into her stocking gifts. :)
Riley got some fun clothes. :) Cousin hugs on Christmas morning....This might have been one of the most successful presents of the morning as Braden was in LOVE!! Who knew that a super cute pillow could make our little man SOOOOO happy? He literally loved this pillow and has slept with it pretty much every night since! Thank you Aunt Katie! :) LOVES IT!!
Chris and I got the rest of Brant's nursery decor and we are super stoked! :) Braden as a present. :) More nursery accessories for Mr. Brant! :) Oh this is worth getting off the pillow for!! I got a kiddie Black and Decker tool set so I can be JUST like Daddy!! HOORAY!! I love it! :) What a fun blanket for Brant! :) Uncle Andy gave me the coolest car!! WOW! I am giving it a big hug!!! Can we open it now? :) Chris's mom found a ton of Chris's old stuff like Halloween costumes, etc and gave them back to Chris to bring home. Braden enjoyed trying them on and it provided some good laughter. :) Simply hysterical but Braden did not quite think so!! Chris lived in Germany for awhile as a kid (his dad was a dentist in the military)...and these are the lederhosen (German britches) that he wore. Oh my gosh we were dying laughing!! He was about the same age as Braden when he took pics in these! :)
Big Christmas smooch! :) For lunch and the early afternoon we headed over to Chris's aunts to have our extended Christmas celebration with all of that family.
Meet The Argyles....I mean The Bugbees! :)
Cousin Michael was showing me their super cute dog. I am into puppies right now! :)
I got some more fun presents like a bowling set, some blocks, some clothes, etc. Everyone is sooo sweet to me!! :) In this pic I am trying to figure out why Daddy won't just give me the present so I can see inside. :) I also watched my Mom and Dad be part of a crazy gift exchange where they stole presents from one another!! Christmas night we drove to Fort Worth to have dinner with my family and have our Christmas with them. :) My family gave us Brant's nursery bedding and we are SOOOOO excited!! YAY!! :) We also got this AWESOME wok that pretty much will cook anything in life!! HA!! My dad had them made which is super cool. We cannot wait to use it! :)
Lainey and Braden opening each other's presents. :)
Sweet baby Graeme sleeping all cozily on his mama during the gift opening. I got a tricycle!! WHOOP!!! I think I might be a good trike rider!! :) Thank you Mimi and Pappy! How adorable is this pic of Lainey that Cory and Jen gave my mom? Absolutely LOVE it!Braden got another super cool toolbox...and he was trying on his work goggles. :)An easel for Lainey!! :)
Braden got lots of fun bath toys this year. Tub traffic jam was just one of the cute ones! :)
Jen is going to be the best baker ever with all of her new baking books! :) Talking trucks are the bomb.com. :) Baby Graeme got LOTS of clothes. :)
Aunt Jennifer painted me the coolest box for carrying all of my cars!! WOW! :)
What could possibly be in here? :)
Wooo hoooo!! A highchair for my babies! :) Mom made it for me!!

It was a great Christmas up in the Big D again this year. While traveling is so exhausting, it is also so fun to be able to celebrate with all of our families. We are so grateful that we get that time with everyone each year! :) Thank you to everyone for the memories!! Much love!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment