Thursday, September 9, 2010

Random Fun Memories-Part Two

So "Random Fun Memories" Part Two is all about the Danskin Triathalon that I did in June of 2004. I have to take you back about 6 years on this one.

First of all, I LOVED IT!! I thought it was the best thing!! There were at least 3000 women that did it that year. A LOT! :) Although I was completely starving and exhausted afterward, I had a ball. :) A few of my fun friends did it too-Anna and Melissa, and then a few other folks from Dell. It was just awesome! :) I wish I had the energy to train for something like that now...but pretty much I just chase a one year old around instead! LOL! :)

We swam in Decker Lake first (all while getting kicked in the head by multiple other women), then we biked up and down many many hills (ouch!!), and then we ran at the end (my least favorite part). Talk about getting yourself into shape fast by training for one of those! :)

Here are a couple of pics from the event. I must warn you that these pics must have been taken with a disposable camera or something b.c they are NOT the best! :) But nevertheless they are a good representation of the 5 am arrival, and the smiles when it was over. :)

Have to get my bike in the perfect spot so it is ready when I come out of the water! :) Anna and I..... Melissa and I...EARLY morning!! And why is the picture crooked? LOL! :)
Hanging out by the end of the swim finish waiting for my turn to start swimming. :)Mel by the port o potties. :) Have to have a lot of those for all of the women. :)
Not sure what the random dude is doing...
(Was this before good photo editing as well?) :)
Mel hanging out by the swim finish in the early morning hours. Just waiting for our wave to start. You can probably barely make this one out....but it is where we came out of the water after the swim...and we ran up to our bikes to get moving. :) Starting to get light out. :)What a good time!! WHOOP for the Danskin!! Good times and I would love to do it again one day. Not sure how soon that one day will come though! LOL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment