Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Ears And Nothing That A Little Rudy's Can't Fix!

We had Braden's ear tube surgery today and it was a huge success. HOORAY!! We are so grateful that it went so well..thank you Lord! :)

Of course I was a nervous wreck the night before....knowing they were going to put my baby under. It is just scary! I tossed and turned for hours. But it turned out 150% better than I could have ever imagined. :)

We were up at the surgery center by 6 am...and we just hung out with the nurses, talked to the anesthesiologist for awhile, and just waited to finally go back. They made us feel so comfortable and the nurses loved on Braden. That was very much appreciated! :)

Finally they called us back about 6:45 and our amazing doc was there to clear any last minute things up with us. She carried Braden back to the OR around 6:55 am in his little jammies, carrying his little blanket. So sweet. He just went with her..no crying. Another blessing.

At 7:05 I heard her voice coming down the hall, and I could not even believe it. It had literally not even been 10 minutes!! You just have enough time to get a cup of coffee and text your family that he is back there....and then all of a sudden it is over. YAY!! :)

They came to take us back, and I was so excited to see him. They had warned us that he might be really fiesty coming out of the anesthesia, and I am SOOOO glad that they did. He was slightly freaked out, and had not even opened his eyes yet when we got to hold him. As he was starting to come to, he was getting very upset and crying A LOT!! We were a little bewildered by the entire event b.c we had never seen him like that before. They told us not to worry at all...that it was completely normal and almost all kiddos reacted that way. After about 10 min he calmed down and we were able to get him to drink some water. Once he drank some clear liquid then we were discharged. SO easy!! :)

We were home by 7:30 and could all go back to sleep for a morning nap. :) Braden did really well that day and never tugged at his ears. He ate and drank like normal, played a lot, and was himself for the most part. Since things were going so well, we decided to venture out to Rudy's for lunch. Figured a good lunch would make him happy (and us too!!) :) And sure enough it did!! YAY for new ears and YAY for BBQ! :)

Braden-we are so glad everything went so wonderfully, and we pray you don't have any more ear infection issues in the future. We already love your new ears, and I think you are quite happy too. :)

I am at Rudy's...hee hee! :) I love it here! See how much better I feel already?!! Want a piece of sausage? :) Awwww.....I am so glad that my ears are so much better now! :) I am back to my happy self! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment