Sunday, April 18, 2010

Snails, Snakes, Deer, And Lots Of Grandma Love!!

I think it is highly possible that my son might have been the most spoiled little man in Austin this weekend. :) He had not one, but both of his grandmas in town to play with him Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. :) He had such a BLAST with them, and of course he could not have loved all the attention anymore. It was too funny to watch him!! I think what he loved the best is that they constantly laughed at him. So after anything he would do, he would look at them for their approval and laughter! Smart boy! :) I think the grandmas might have had just as much fun as he did! Our moms ROCK and we thank them for coming into town to play!! What a great time! :)

You know that when Braden is in good hands, then mom and dad get to have a very special weekend as well! WHOOP!! :) Very good dates out on the town which make us VERY happy! :) We had such a blast!! :) We got to celebrate our 35th month anniversary...and that is really close to 3 years of wedded bliss! HOORAY! :)

We headed out to some fabulous restaurants this weekend....and boy were they good!! We ate all kinds of crazy stuff from snails to snakes, to the best venison in town!! :) YUM!! :) This blog post might end up being more of a food and wine blog than most. LOL! :)

Friday night we headed to Hudson's On The Bend for a night of wild game and other fun wine pairings. :) A true Texas culinary delight!! :) They are known for all kinds of interesting dishes that involve quail, duck, phesant, deer, snake, rabbit, elk, boar, buffalo, etc. :) We had a very long dinner with some much needed adult conversation! HA! :)
What a pretty little house...... Chris got a rattlesnake cake as an appetizer. :) Probably the best venison in Austin. :)This sign seriously cracked me up!On Saturday we took the moms out to Lakeway for some more good food (noticing a trend here?) :) There is a new amazing neighborhood that opened up out there-RoughHollow at Lakeway. And not only do they have some of the most gorgeous homes in town but they also have a beautiful view, yummy restuarant, and a fun yacht club. :) So it was a must see...and we needed a lot of pics of the moms with Mr. Braden. :) And that is what we got!! :) Chris and his mama enjoying lunch at the Grille. :) Chris, Braden and I with our sweet moms....... :) I am so content at restuarants if I can chew on the spoons. I love them! :)
Or straws! :)
Sometimes I like to talk really loud in the restuarants too! :)
YUMMY salad!! :) Mama Jet looking good! :)Grandma pics..... :)
Sometimes I like to pull on my mimi's shirts and hair. :)
Daddy and me... :) We like to talk to each other. :) Sometimes I don't look at the camera...even if Mom wants me to. :) Mom sure does love to kiss on me. :)I'm just hanging out! I love it out here. :)Chris and I were thinking it is time to upgrade our home. How about one of these? :) Or possibly this one. :) It might be big enough! LOL! :) What a fun day out there!! :)
That night Chris and I headed out for a romantic dinner at Restaurant Jezebel down on Congress. The place is so cool b.c there are no lights...only candlelight. :) And the food rocks! :) This was a night of escargot and some great entrees too. After a great dinner we headed out to see "Date Night". Pretty funny movie. :)


Oh YUM!! Rotisserie chicken stuffed with brie and walnuts! :)
Chris got an espresso rubbed salmon with dark chocolate on it. So fun and different. :)
What a wonderful weekend!! Thank you so much to both of our moms to taking care of Braden so Chris and I could play!!! We had a great time with you!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment